|This article is based on canon information, but the article's name is conjectural, as there is currently no official name for the subject.|
Plasma mortar (1)
The Banished utilize modified Wraiths with additional armor plating and spikes, tabbed corners on new plates, energy shielding, and raw metals and "war paint" to reflect the Banished's aggressive mentality.
Crew and complement
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by .
Banished Wraiths are armed with a plasma mortar and twin plasma cannons for use against ground and air targets. The plasma cannons are hidden underneath the armor.
- Wraith Invader: An APC variant of the Banished Wraith. In the Covenant, ecclesiastical authorities ultimately oversaw even the most trivial modifications to existing designs. Improvements or alterations required layers of bureaucracy to navigate, and often took decades to gain approval from the Prophets. The Banished approval process is much simpler: if there is a demonstrated need and materials available a pack leader can make any changes that he or she wishes. The Wraith Invader is an example of this freedom, with Pavium taking damaged mortar tank hulls and repurposing them into heavy troop carriers.
Halo Wars 2
- Info: Core Tank, Heavy damage, Long range
- Tier: 3
- Cost: Population 6, Supplies 550, Power 75
- Wraith upgrade:
- Scorch Mortar
- Info: New ability, Shots continue to cause damage after impact.
- Tier: 3
- Cost: Supplies 0, Power 850
Wraiths can be built at the Foundry by all Banished leaders. Unlike its Covenant counterpart from Halo Wars, the Banished Wraith in Halo Wars 2 starts off with an energy shield by default. Wraiths do well against infantry and vehicles, and okay against aircraft and structures. In Blitz Wraiths cost 110 energy, Ironclad Wraiths cost 140 energy, and Terror Wraiths cost 150 energy. Ironclad Wraiths agro all nearby damage from enemy units and Terror Wraiths reduce enemy units armor.
List of appearances
- Halo Wars 2 (First appearance)