The ship was originally a peacekeeping ship in service with the Colonial Military Administration. Prior to 2525, Kronstadt had been retired for decades. With the dawn of the Human-Covenant War, the UNSC retrieved the vessel from storage and retrofitted it into a warship for service in the conflict against the Covenant.
During or after 2540, it deployed a squad of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers and a SPARTAN-II commando, Cal-141, via SOEIV to the Covenant-occupied planet Heian. The commando team infiltrated a former alien settlement, where they engaged several Unggoy and a Jiralhanae chieftain before assassinating a Covenant Prophet. After the mission, which resulted in the deaths of the Spartan and one ODST, the vessel retrieved the survivors.
- In The Babysitter, the Kronstadt's hull classification symbol incorrectly follows its number, being written as 993-DD. The hull classification symbol should precede the number, thus designating the ship DD-993.
- Kronstadt is a municipal town in Kronshtadtsky District of St. Petersburg, Russia.
The mess hall of the ship.
List of appearances
- Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo - Slipspace: page 10
- Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder
- Halo Legends, The Babysitter
- Halo: Warfleet - p. 10