The harness is simple, sleek, and efficient. The helmet covers the full span of the face offering some protection to it. The harness also has form fitting greaves so they fit comfortably for the user.
The Storm harness is most often issued in blue, though green, red, white, and gold harnesses are sometimes used instead.
Swords of Sanghelios variant
The Swords of Sanghelios variant is almost identical to the base variant except it can have the arms covered. The Sangheili Storm affiliated with the Swords of Sanghelios are colored crimson and ivory.
After spending several centuries creating parts for other Sangheili harnesses. Lodam Armory put together their efforts and made the Storm harness as its first fully in-house armor system alongside a Ranger derivative of the suit.
The harness was used by the original Covenant during the Human-Covenant War, where it was used by Storm shock troopers keeping the peace on frontier worlds. It saw much more widespread adoption among both the resurgent Covenant and the Swords of Sanghelios after the war among less specialised forces, and Covenant Storm troops were known to use less sophisticated armors than usual, for example without the arm guards.
Concept art of a Storm harness for Halo 4.
A Swords of Sanghelios Sangheili Storm in Halo 5: Guardians.
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo: The Fall of Reach - The Animated Series
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo: Tales from Slipspace
- Halo Wars 2
- ^ a b c Ultra-combo.com: Arbiter's Colors & Accessories
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Puzzled Expression
- ^ Halo 4 Interactive Guide
- ^ a b Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, pages 28, 45
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians
- ^ Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder: Looking Glassed
- ^ a b Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder: Fury's Road
- ^ Halo 4