Bungie Weekly Update/06-01-01
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Both Peter and Jason celebrated a birthday today, which only added to the chaos, but I'm taking a breather from the non-stop party that is Halo's Development Cycle to bring you these teasing tidbits of trivia:
- Stephen is reworking the flamethrower animation and working out animations for one of the other weapons added last week.
- Chucky has beaten the pathfinding code into a nearly-final state.
- Matt Segur did lots of sound stuff for Marty and Jay.
- Marty and Jay, thrilled with their new powers, spent the week placing ambient sounds and looping music tracks - new music, as yet unheard outside the Bungie offices. They also have Doppler shifts working.
- Cortana has these nifty light patterns that ripple over her body.
- The Mighty Chris Butcher has done the work necessary for AIs to fight in midair. He's also created a bunch of tools for Jaime to use when populating the human ship and assigning behaviors to its inhabitants.
- Jaime is halfway done with the training level.
- John is busy dealing with some control issues and working with the Sin-O-MatiXXX team to get a final list of all the mission-specific cutscenes.
- Bernie put in a new lens flare that I have not seen but have heard wondrous things about.
- Detail objects are back in the game.
- The tank is back in, too.