Bungie Weekly Update/02-24-01
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
I have nothing to complain about this week so I'll launch right into the update.
- Our minimalist HUD now works in the game, and looks quite nice to boot.
- There's an acceleration mask on the chain gun now, so as you drive the jeep around the gun and the chain of bullets feeding into it bobble around realistically.
- Brake lights and headlights work again.
- Stars twinkle. :)
- The Online Team got the basic UI prototype up and running. Woohoo Online Team!
- Stephen is working on reload and recoil animations for the assault rifle.
- Marcus has the player hopping into the jeep in a realistic way again.
- Lots and lots of bug fixes.
- Bernie is still working on mirrors.
- Jaime is working on a new infiltration mission.
- The Banshee is back in the game, though its controls need tweaking; Jaime will take care of that next week.
- The interior of the covenant ship we're working on now is huge; a massive structure of curvy, shiny metal and these enormous docking bays for dropships.
- The mighty Chris Butcher is beautifying the AI. He's revised and expanded Jason's AI plan, which was pretty extensive and impressive to begin with. Jason is spending a lot of time ducking behind various objects to show Butcher how he wants the AI to behave. That's his excuse, anyway. The AI is already much more intelligent than it used to be, surrounding the player from multiple elevations, picking the best spot from which to fire at you, and generally making your life unpleasant.