Bungie Weekly Update/03-23-01
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
They say that Halo Update is a bad mother-
Shut your mouth!
I'm just talking 'bout the Halo Update.
I can dig it.
- Chucky has made great strides toward getting breakable surfaces in the game.
- Aiming works better; you can no longer target enemies hiding behind objects, but you can target enemies in moving vehicles.
- There's a snazzy new muzzle flash for the pistol and new ammo casings for pistol rounds. If you were to look at the back of a pistol casing in midair, you'd be able to read the words on the back of it, and see that the firing pin hits slightly off-center.
- AI characters now have a chance of firing their weapon during a death spasm.
- The Covenant Elite only seek cover if you do, making them, in Rick's words, more Terminator-esque.
- Did some more work on the model and environment shaders.
- Chucky took on a horde of grunts with a pistol and tried to get rid of them all with headshots. He lost.
- Mat is modifying the editor to be of greater use to the Sin-O-MatiXXX team.
- Speaking of which, there's a new member of the Sin-O-MatiXXX team: Adam Crockett. He's currently modeling the exterior of the Pillar of Autumn. The team is also currently working on bringing Cortana to life.