Bungie Weekly Update/11-18-00
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
This week's update is short, but not as short as next week's (which will not exist at all due to the holiday). The next update will be December 1.
- Lightmaps are now fully operational. Vehicles are close behind.
- The AI is already good enough to kill Jason and Chucky, no easy task. Lots of work still to go, but I saw a brief demonstration and was greatly impressed. One interesting tidbit: the AI has a fear factor - its willingness to pop out from behind cover and chase or fire at you is directly related to how dangerous the AI thinks you are at that moment. I hope to be able to tell you all a little more soon.
- At the end of the little AI demo, we jumped off a ledge and were treated to an incredibly long descent. I'm telling you, some of these buildings are BIG.
- Marty has been back for a while, but Joseph just got back this past week. The two of them spend most of the day loudly and excitedly planning Halo cinematics. The two words Joseph says most often are John Woo.
- Coming soon: Halo Mersh. Settle down, Meg.