Bungie Weekly Update/03-02-01
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Neither snow nor rain nor major earthquake stays the humble Community Guy from his appointed Halo Update.
- Lots of bug fixes on the programming side this week, getting the game ready for Gamestock.
- We've got friendly fire logic for the AI so they don't kill each other any more.
- The Banshee now changes colors as it takes off. It's a neat effect.
- Rob is redoing the casings for the chain gun.
- The Online Team met with Michael and Hardy to discuss multiplayer game types. It was a nice long meeting with a lot of good ideas thrown around. Hardy has more good ideas for multiplayer game types than any one man has a right to. We'll see how many of them we can make work. He's mocking up multiplayer levels right now and it's really fun says he. Michael has networking up and limping and is trying to fix the broken stuff.
- Reflection works now. I saw a hologram reflecting off a glass floor situated above The Shaft. Spiffy.
- The Mighty Chris Butcher advanced in his quest to make the AI rock by getting the Bobs to operate the jeep's chain gun. There's nothing quite like driving the jeep through a building with an AI Marcus behind you tearing through anyone in your way with the chain gun...rushing out the door and jumping the jeep off a ledge while Marcus and the chain gun face the opposite direction, blasting away at your pursuers...I don't know what to say except it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
- Jason Jones absolutely refuses to ride a limo to Gamestock.