Bungie Weekly Update/09-07-01
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Like Neil Diamond, the Halo Update has steadfastly refused to die. But will there be enough data to keep it going until its first birthday?
- Post-combat behavior is in; AIs now can now comment to themselves or each other after an encounter, shoot enemies on the ground to make sure they're still dead, and so on.
- The crewmen fight better - better than the Bobs in Marathon, notes Chris Butcher.
- AI units now know the difference between darkness and light, and consequently know when to use the flashlight.
- Signaling animations are in; you'll see Marines waving, pointing things out to each other and so on.
- You can order Marines to get the hell out of the Warthog so you can drive it. This is a more humane alternative to the previous procedure for removing them from vehicles.
- Marcus made the Banshee contrails look nicer.
- We fixed some specular lighting issues.
- Marty got all the music hooked up in the last mission of the game and is fiddling around with it so it matches the action and doesn't get obnoxious.
- At nearly all times, several people in the office are playing the game. Co-op in particular is a lot of fun, but there's plenty of multiplayer action to be had. Bungie employees speak in awe of a certain 12-player CTF game that occurred a couple nights back. It was just like a war, said Hardy. Exactly like we hoped it would be.