Bungie Weekly Update/08-03-01
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Bungie Weekly Update
Jason Jones invited all of us over to his place tomorrow to watch the Blue Angels, but he also warned if the Blue Angels crash they absolutely cannot miss my backyard and are guaranteed to kill everyone. So just in case we all die tomorrow, it's been fun doing these Halo Updates, and here's the latest:
- Bug-fixing, bug-fixing, bug-fixing.
- The Marines are much better about getting out of your line of fire than they used to be, thanks to Chris Butcher.
- We've got tanks working in multiplayer games now.
- Shiek and Bernie got lightning in the game.
- Eric reworked the Banshee and Pelican, tripling their poly counts and adding more detailed textures.
- Marcus is making metal look better and more realistic.
- Chris Hughes added a bunch of marine heads to the game (some of whom look familiar) and tweaked Cortana's face.
- The shotgun is finally coming into its own, and is sublimely satisfying to wield.
- Joseph is working on (his words) a variety of infinitely cool things that our fans will love that I can say nothing about.
- Marty has switched into No Shave Till Ship mode, but luckily he's keeping the mullet trimmed. The Brian Wilson of Bungie played me a haunting choral piece he composed for the end of the game. It's so lovely that Joseph said...well, it's a family update so I can't tell you what Joseph said. But it's a great piece.
- Vehicles blow up real good now.