Powerups are gameplay items that enhances player traits for a duration. They are commonly featured in multiplayer maps in Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 2: Anniversary, and Halo 5: Guardians and can be added via Forge in Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo 4, Halo 2: Anniversary, and Halo 5: Guardians. They are also featured in the campaign of Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2.
List of powerups
The following is a list of power-ups throughout the Halo first-person shooter titles.
- Overshield - Strengthens the user's shielding systems significantly. (x3 in Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and Halo: Reach and x2 in Halo 3)
- Active Camouflage - Makes the user invisible for 30 seconds.
- Custom Powerup - A customizable power-up that can be added through Forge.
- Damage Boost - Increases the user's attack damage, but also gives the player a red glow.
- Speed Boost - Increases the user's movement speed, but also gives the player a blue glow.
List of buffs
The following is a list of buffs that are similar to power-ups but are only applied when carrying mythic weapons in Halo 5: Guardians. As long as the weapon is equipped and has ammo/charge, the buffs will be applied.
- Speed Boost - Increased movement speed. Present with all Mythic weapons except for Nornfang. Gives the player a whitish-blue glow and trail.
- Active Camouflage - Renders the user invisible. Only the Prophet's Bane grants this buff.
- Increased shield strength - Increases shield strength. Tartarus' Gavel and SPNKr Prime apply this buff.
- Jump Boost - Increases the user's jump height noticeably. Tartarus' Gavel and SPNKr Prime apply this buff.
- Damage Boost - Augments the user's attack damage. Only the Nornfang applies this buff.
- Damage Resistance - Increases the user's resistance to damage. Only Jorge's Chaingun applies this buff.