From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
ViDocs are video documentaries created and released by Bungie and later by 343 Industries and Ensemble Studios. These videos give players insight into the creative development processes involved in the progress of the games and other media, and usually contain interviews of various developers working on the game in question as well as game footage. Contrary to popular belief, ViDoc does not actually stand for "video documentary"; it is a Bungie-created combination of the words "visual", "informational", and "documentation".
The first ViDocs were produced by Bungie for Halo 3. These ViDocs ran for roughly seven minutes (except for Journey's End), and had titles in Latin that were somehow relevant to the content of the videos. Other ViDocs reference famous quotes, such as "Once More Unto the Breach" and "On the Seven7th Day...".
343 Industries initially labeled their development documentaries Behind the Scenes or BTS as an alternative to "ViDoc", though they have since adopted the latter term. Halo 4 had its own series of video documentaries called Making Halo 4, Halo 5: Guardians had a subseries called The Sprint, while Halo 2: Anniversary had its own documentary movie called Remaking the Legend instead of a short series of videos.
- Halo 3 ViDoc: Finish the Fight, on the subject of the technology used in Halo 3 Announcement Trailer.
- Halo 3 ViDoc: Et Tu, Brute?, on the subject of Halo 3's Brutes.
- Halo 3 ViDoc: Is Quisnam Protero Damno!, on the subject of Halo 3's multiplayer features.
- Halo 3 ViDoc: Cinema Paradiso, on the subject of the Replay feature as well as the Forge editor.
- Halo 3 ViDoc: Journey's End, released just after Halo 3, this ViDoc was intended to fill the gap for people new to Halo.
- Halo 3 ViDoc: Mapmaker, Mapmaker Make Me a Map, a ViDoc focusing on the Legendary Map Pack.
- Halo 3 ViDoc: And on the Seven7th Day..., a ViDoc explaining Bungie Day and the release of Cold Storage.
- Halo Wars ViDoc: Halo Times Ten, a ViDoc describing the difference between the RTS game Halo Wars and the other FPS Halo games.
- Halo Wars ViDoc: Expanding The Arsenal, a ViDoc on the subject of the Spartans featured in Halo Wars.
- Halo Wars ViDoc: Strategy on Xbox, a ViDoc explaining the Halo Wars game controls.
- Halo Wars ViDoc: Jaws of Victory, a ViDoc focusing on in-game tactics.
Halo 3: ODST
- Halo 3: ODST ViDoc: Desperate Measures, a ViDoc focusing on Edward Buck and his squad.
- Halo 3: ODST ViDoc: Bip. Bap. Bam., a ViDoc focusing on Halo 3: ODST's Firefight game mode.
- Halo 3: ODST ViDoc: Terra Incognita, a ViDoc focusing on the development of Halo 3: ODST.
- Halo 3: ODST ViDoc: Dramatis Personae, a ViDoc focusing on the development of the cinematics and characters of Halo 3: ODST.
- Halo 3: ODST ViDoc: Road to Recon, a ViDoc that focuses on giving tips and strategies for the Vidmaster Challenges.
- Halo: Reach ViDoc: Once More Unto the Breach, a ViDoc focusing on the graphical and gameplay changes in Halo: Reach.
- Halo: Reach ViDoc: Zugzwang Evolved, an April Fools ViDoc claiming that Halo: Reach's multiplayer has been changed to playing chess.
- Halo: Reach ViDoc: Carnàge Carnivàle, a ViDoc focusing on the Multiplayer features of Halo: Reach.
- Halo: Reach ViDoc: Forge World, a ViDoc showcasing the new level: Forge World and all of its features.
- Halo: Reach ViDoc: A Spartan Will Rise, a ViDoc focusing on the characters of Halo: Reach.
- BTS: Defiant Map Pack
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- BTS: Anniversary Multiplayer
- BTS: Anniversary Campaign
- BTS: Anniversary Terminals
- BTS: Anniversary Music
- Main article: Making Halo 4
- Making Halo 4: First Look, revealed the first in-game footage of the campaign and multiplayer (titled War Games) for Halo 4 along with various gameplay elements.
- Making Halo 4: Composing Worlds, on the subject of Halo 4's audio design and soundtrack during its development.
- Making Halo 4: A Hero Awakens, goes into great detail on the development process of the storyline and character performances.
- Making Halo 4: Return of the Forerunners, focuses on the development of the Prometheans and their weapons.
- Making Halo 4: Infinity Multiplayer, focuses on the development and inspiration of Halo 4's multiplayer mode.
- Making Halo 4: Majestic Map Pack, focuses on the development of the Majestic Map Pack.
- Making Halo 4: Spartan Ops: Season 1, focuses on the development of the first season of Spartan Ops.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- Main article: Remaking the Legend
Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta: Behind the Scenes
- Halo 5: Guardians ViDoc: Warzone,a ViDoc explaining the Warzone mode
- Halo 5: Guardians ViDoc: A Hero Reborn, a ViDoc focusing on the campaign mode.
- Halo 5: Guardians ViDoc: Forging Ahead
The Sprint series
- Main article: The Sprint
- The Sprint: Balance – Shows the development process of the multiplayer map Truth.
- The Sprint: Give & Take – Showcases the artwork process of the multiplayer map Truth. Nicolas "Sparth" Bouvier was featured in this episode.
- The Sprint: Prophets – This episode features on remixing the multiplayer map Truth into the multiplayer map Regret.
- The Sprint: New Tricks – This episode focuses on making the new multiplayer game mode Breakout and map Crossfire.
- The Sprint: Shutdown – This episode gives an inside look at the first press showing of Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer including a brand new map and special attention to the Hydra.
- The Sprint: Gold – This episode focused on a internal 343 Industries tournament for Halo 5: Guardians and hinted at future The Sprint episodes focusing on the campaign of Halo 5: Guardians.
- The Sprint: All In – Shows 343 gearing up to create the E3 demo and what steps they have to take in order to maintain a deadline.
- The Sprint: Osiris – This episode focuses on doing motion capture for Fireteam Osiris and other members of Halo 5: Guardians.
- The Sprint: Warzone Wednesday – This episode focuses on making the new multiplayer game type Warzone.
- The Sprint: Showtime – This episodes focused on the final steps made by 343 Industries to squash bugs and polish up the E3 demo.
- The Sprint: Composer - Shows Kazuma Jinnouchi traveling the world over to create and record the Halo 5: Guardians score.
- The Sprint: Press Start - Shows Halo 5: Guardians cinematic director Brien Goodrich hitting the motion performance stage to capture the opening scene for the game, while Kazuma Jinnouchi, puts the final touches on the score for the same scene.
- The Sprint: Mr. October - Shows the 343 Pro Team on building Breakout maps using Halo 5's all-new Forge.
- The Sprint: Sustain - Shows a group of community Cartographers who are invited to 343's studio to give feedback on the new Forge tool set and to build re-imagined Big Team Battle maps for a future Halo 5: Guardians DLC release.
- The Sprint: Ship It - Shows several 343 Industries members discussing Halo 5: Guardians.
Halo Wars 2
- Halo Wars 2 E3 Trailer BTS
- Halo Wars 2 ViDoc: Know Your Enemy
- Halo Wars 2 ViDoc: Multiplayer
- Halo Wars 2 ViDoc: Character
- Halo Wars 2 ViDoc: Music
- Halo Wars 2 ViDoc: Strategy
- Halo Wars 2 ViDoc: Trial by Fire
- Halo Wars 2 ViDoc: Hunt or be Hunted
Halo: Fireteam Raven
- Bungie ViDoc: O Brave New World, a ViDoc celebrating Bungie's 20th anniversary and providing an in-depth look at Bungie's history and its involvement with the Halo franchise.
- BTS: Halo Waypoint
- Working at 343 Industries