Mix Things Up
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
All weapon kills must be done over one playthrough of the level. The weapons become available in the following order:
- Assault rifle - Opening loadout. Also found in the hangar, in the room with the the holotank displaying the MA40 assault rifle, and in the room after the elevator collapse during the escape sequence.
- Sidekick - Opening loadout. Also found in the hangar.
- Battle rifle - Found in the hangar, inside a crate at the other side of the shield door. A crane moves the crate there shortly after the level starts. A second one can be found in the room before the bridge.
- Bulldog - Found in the hangar, on a piece of debris held by a crane above the opening spawn location. A second one can be found at the end of the hallway after exiting the elevator from the deployment bay.
- Plasma Pistol - Found on various weapon racks in the level, starting from the hangar control room.
- Mangler - Found on various weapon racks in the level, starting from the hangar control room.
- Needler - Found on various weapon racks in the level, starting from the room following the first encounter with the Jiralhanae Berserker.
- Pulse carbine - Found on various weapon racks in the level, with the first one found on the ground in the deployment bay.
- Frag grenade - Found in small UNSC crates throughout the level, with the first ones found upon exiting the elevator from the deployment bay.
- Spike grenade - Found on various weapon racks in the level, starting with the room with the holotank displaying the MA40 assault rifle.
- Plasma grenade - Found on various weapon racks in the level, starting with the two-floored storage room with freight lifts on either side (also where the Boom skull can be found).
- Plasma cannon - Only found in the hallway after the two-floored storage room. Note that it cannot be carried into the bridge, so you need to keep an enemy alive before picking up the plasma cannon.
- Ravager - Held by the Jiralhanae Warlord in the bridge; also found on a weapon rack at the far left corner of the bridge.
- Hydra - Only found lodged between two crates in the room underneath the elevator at the deployment bay near the end of the escape sequence.
The achievement should be rewarded upon earning the last kill, rather than at the completion of the level.
Players can utilize the "Replay Mission" mechanic to bring weapons into the level as their starting loadout. This is particularly advisable for the Hydra. Players can also bring the Rebound-variant Ravager, which will count toward the achievement.
- The achievement's name is a reference to John-117's quote "thought I'd try shooting my way out - mix things up a little" in Halo 3 level Cortana.