Moa statue (Halo: Combat Evolved)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Moa statues are a collectible available in the campaign of Halo: Combat Evolved. The statues were added to Combat Evolved's campaign in the Series 9 December update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and are not present in the original Xbox or PC and Mac editions of the game.
Several moa statues can be found in each level on any difficulty and take the form of a small golden Moa - visible only in the classic graphics of Combat Evolved and not the Anniversary remaster. Upon being discovered, the statues can be destroyed, with the weekly challenge Eye Spy requiring the destruction of three such Moa for completion. Three levels are chosen to spawn Moa within each week (observable on the challenge itself), with each level getting three statues chosen, meaning they are not all consistently placed all the time. As such, this page lists all potential statue locations. Statues marked as (Broken) spawn every week and don't count towards the challenge, even when the challenge selects the level the statues are placed on. Statues marked as (Unobtainable) denote statues placed in cutscene rooms that aren't accessible.
There are a grand total of 77 Moa Statues, but only one is unobtainable.
Pillar of Autumn
Pillar of Autumn has six Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- Just after you enter the cafeteria, take a right.
- In between the first and second airlock, there should be a square shaped room with marines and the covenant fighting. The Moa Statue's at the end of the hall.
- Inside the second Covenant airlock, in between the two Overshields.
- Just after you go upstairs and cross the long hallway, the Moa Statue is on the left in the dark room.
- After you get to the control room where Samuel Marcus died, head down the hall and take a left.
- After clearing out all the enemies, the last Moa Statue should be to the left of the last airlock, just outside the dark narrow hall.
Halo has eight Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- Right at the start of the level, next to the wall right before the cliff.
- Just below the bridge you cross at the start of the level.
- On top of the beacon tower when reaching the first beacon tower.
- In the same room with the ramp after getting the warthog.
- At the dead end in the tunnel after acquiring the warthog.
- As soon as you exit the tunnel, go left and behind the rocks.
- After exiting the tunnels and climb the hill, follow the stream all the way to the waterfall. Make sure to stick right.
- When getting to the survivors in the rocks, hug the right side of the wall.
The Truth and Reconciliation
Truth and Reconciliation has nine Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- When you first to the second fighting area of the level, in the corner to the right, where a red Elite comes from.
- In the third area, behind a rock by the shade turret.
- By the cliff at the last firefight area.
- After you enter the Truth and Reconciliation and clear out the enemies in the first room. proceed through the level until you encounter the first Elite on your own. Then make a left where two Grunts appear.
- Immediately after that in the next room, the next Moa Statue is behind a crate on the far corner of the room on the second floor.
- As soon as you enter the hanger, take a right and it should be behind 3 crates.
- When you reach the 3rd floor in the hanger, turn left.
- The next Moa Statue is in the command center where you face the elite zealot.
- The last Moa Statue can be found in the same room where you find Keys, just second to last holding cell on the right.
The Silent Cartographer
The Silent Cartographer has six Moa Statues, which can be found in these locations:
- On the pillar near where Foehammer deploys the Warthog.
- After storming the beach, near the first two Kig-Yar encountered. On the cliff wall along the bottom of the hole in the rock face.
- After the Kig-Yar encounter and you have to go up a hill to the Cartographer, stay to the right.
- Beneath the Cartographer's entrance, at the very back of the overhang on ground level.
- Inside the Silent Cartographer, on the second floor with two dead marines and supplies, on the edge of the platform.
- After killing the two Hunters look down off the ledge behind where they were.
Assault on the Control Room
Assault on the Control Room has eight Moa Statues, which can be found in these locations:
- During your second encounter, it should be on the right in the middle of the room.
- When you get outside to the bridge, head downstairs.
- After you go down the elevator, make your way half way around the next room, go towards the the middle, and look up, right.
- When you reach the first Scorpion tank, behind Fireteam Zulu's crashed Pelican and next to it's left wing.
- After you enter the cave with the 4 Shade Turrets and two Hunters, stay left up to a dead end.
- After exiting the cave, keep to the left, it should be on the first tube above the door.
- When you go back indoors, the first room should have the Moa Statue in the left vent in the middle of the room.
- After going back outside, look to your right at the frozen waterfall. The last Moa Statue is on a rock.
343 Guilty Spark
343 Guilty Spark has six Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- When entering the Flood containment facility, it should be on top of the doorway.
- In the first room after the elevator, it should be in the top right if you're facing towards the door.
- In the room where you first encounter the Flood, go to the back of the room and look towards the roof.
- When you go further down the elevator, the Moa Statue is on the opposite side of where the Overshield is at.
- In the last room before the elevator leading out side, the Moa Statue should be on the top left side facing the door.
- At the end of the level, the Moa Statue is on the structure where the cutscene is played at.
The Library has six Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- At the beginning of the level, look left above the first Flood carrier form.
- When you get to the middle section of that first area, take a right instead of a left, the Moa Statue is on the opposite side of the room.
- Just before the first elevator ride and you cross the long hallway to get there, take a left turn.
- When you get back to the main area on the second floor, go right immediately, the Moa Statue is in the first corner by the door
- When the last door opens and you have to fight through the flood to get to the Activation Index, stick to the left of the room, it's in a corner where the pillars are sticking out.
- At the end of the level, don't cross the bridge to the Activation index, instead, take a right and jump over the ledges.
Two Betrayals has eleven Moa Statues, one unobtainable, which can be found in the following locations:
- Where you go to get the Banshee, drop into the ledge where the control room goes into the ground. This is also the place where you find the Terminal in Assault on the control room.
- In the room before the long hallway with the rocket flood, the Moa Statue is on the left side of the hall on a ledge.
- When you go down the elevator and you see the two Flood combat forms drop, head left.
- When you go outside a second time, go behind the structure in between the two middle tubes.
- At the same structure, go down the ramp and go the opposite side where the rocket launcher spawns.
- At the second phase pulse generator, the next Moa Statue is just to the right of it in a tube.
- When you get to the tunnel, look to the right side of the bridge you cross.
- Just outside of the tunnel, go to your right behind a rock.
- When you approach the last firefight, stick to the left side next to a tree.
- At the last room with the phase pulse generator, the last Moa Statue is to the left part of the hall near the ceiling.
- (Unobtainable) There's a 4th phase pulse generator hidden in the game files which is where the moa statue is located. It is in a tube similar to the one in the second phase pulse generator, just one tube back.
Keyes has seven Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- When you drop out of the Cruiser into the coolant, go straight in between the Covenant and flood fighting into another coolant pool.
- Just before you fight the hunters where the carrier forms drop from the cliff, check the ledge up high on the first turn.
- After you go through the vehicle bay, you have to drop down a small hole. The Moa Statue is just to the left of it.
- In the hanger close to the control panel on the second floor.
- Going up the ramp to the third floor, the Moa Statue is at the second turn on the left.
- In the room with infected Keyes, behind one of the pillars.
- Just before you enter the room with the Proto-Gravemind, turn left and check on top of the crates set on fire.
The Maw has ten Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- At the very beginning of the level, check behind the barricade by the dark narrow hall.
- After going down the ladder, keep an eye out on the left for the last airlock.
- In the cafeteria, by the corner towards the bridge.
- In the bridge, just in front of the main panel.
- Just before you go to the engine room, go to the room to get some explosives, the Moa Statue is in there, next to the Rocket Launcher.
- When you reach the engine room, stay to the right side and go up to where the health packs are and go too the right of those.
- The next Moa Statue is very close to the last one, just head to the next room except go behind the ramp.
- When you go up the elevator to the Warthogs, look to the right corner of the room.
- There's a few rooms during the Warthog run where the halls are curved with a straight shortcut. Take the first shortcut and look to the left at the bump.
- The last Moa Statue can be found right before you go outside to see Echo 419 after the jump.
- ^ a b Halo Waypoint, Halo: MCC December 2022 Update (Retrieved on Jan 21, 2023) [archive]
- ^ YouTube - Halo, Seasonal Sitrep: MCC Season 8, Mythic