From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|There is more information available on this subject at Combat engineer on the English Wikipedia.|
- "Broadly speaking, sappers are equally at home building things as they are blowing them up."
- — Halo: Reach Armory description - Assault/Sapper
Combat engineers are personnel who are tasked with construction of allied fortifications and demolition of enemy emplacements. A number of dedicated MJOLNIR powered armor suits are designed for, and available for the use of combat engineering including the Technician, Indomitable, the synonymously-named Engineer and the OSTEO. The Assault/Sapper armor accessory is additionally available for Spartans as an attachment to their armor. The ODST/DEMO armor set is also available for ODST combat engineers.
During the Battle of Draetheus V in 2555, UNSC combat engineers assisted Spartan Edward Davis in destroying a Forerunner structure on the moon of X50. Several engineers would be deployed on Draetheus V itself.
UNSC Marine Corps
UNSC Marine combat engineers are structured within the UNSC Marine Corps of Engineers.
UNSC Marine Corps
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach (Indirect mention)
- Halo: Spartan Assault (First appearance)
- Halo: Oblivion
- Halo Infinite (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Reach, Assault/Sapper Armory description
- Wikipedia: Combat engineer
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Hot Drops (Retrieved on Feb 28, 2021) [archive]
- Halo: Oblivion, chapter 1
- Halo: Spartan Assault, campaign level Mission 13: Assault on the Supply Lines
- Halo: Spartan Assault, campaign level Mission 14: Infiltration of the Covenant Perimeter
- Halo: Spartan Assault, campaign level Mission 15: Superstructure Stand-off
- Halo: Spartan Assault, campaign level Mission 22: The Scorching of the Thicket
- Halo: Escalation, issue 17
- Halo Legends, timestamp Prototype
- Halo: Spartan Assault, Quotes
- Halo: Oblivion, chapter 3