Halopedia:Requests for Adminship/Spartacus
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Reason for Nomination
As it's been a long time since the last set of RfAs were held, it's another time for which Halopedia deems the need to add more users into it's sysop team in order to cover up the gap of inactivity of such members, myself included.
Spartacus has proven himself a loyal and reliable user to Halopedia, with plenty of good quality edits under his belt, notably his expertise on canon information. With the upcoming release of Halo 4 this fall, I'm confident that the user in question is more than capable of handing the rights of administratorship and looking after the site when the new influx of traffic begins.
Support (17/5) sysop
- Support - Nìcmávr (Tálk) 07:54, 20 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - I cast my vote. Spartacus was the first user I met on Halopedia and demonstrated that he was very knowledgeable about the site and it's policies. He's very active on the site, helps revert unnecessary edits, participates on talk pages, helps clean up recent edits, combats vandalism, and makes great contributions to the site. I usually go to him first when I need help and/or advice. I think his administratorship was long overdue. --Killamint [Comm|Files] 15:29, 20 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - (or so it says in the sacred caves) Vegerot! 18:12, 20 August 2012 (EDT)!
- Support - as per above. -- Rusty - 112 21:15, 20 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - An outstanding user! --Forgotten Helljumper 00:25, 21 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - Spartacus has proven himself among the most dedicated members of Halopedia. He is very knowledgeable of the Halo universe and his edits are of the highest quality. Spartacus has my vote. --Courage never dies. 11:05, 21 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support It has always been a pleasure to read his comments and see him demonstrate his complete knowledge of the HALO universe, and his willingness to do all that he can to support HALOPEDIA. You have my vote. Weeping Angel 12:00, 21 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support Oi yes. Tuckerscreator(stalk) 17:44, 21 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support — Yuuuuuuppppppp. :P Grizzlei ♥ ツ
- Support - See comment.— subtank 21:52, 22 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - Given his knowledge of Halo canon and pure dedication to the prosperity of the wiki, I feel Spartacus would make a fantastic administrator.--Brute Honour Guard ("Talk") 00:06, 23 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - It only seemed like it was yesterday Halofan1234 appeared on Halopedia... You've came a long way and you deserve it, buddy! —S331 (COM • Mission Log • Profile) 05:18, 23 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - As per above. --Dragonclaws(talk) 04:46, 24 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support Second Lieutenant Keith Johnson com link 04:50, 24 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - I still can't believe he hasn't been nominated already, Spartacus will be a great admin. --TentacleTornado 09:22, 24 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - He definitely deserves it, and being one of the most active and hard-working users here, sysop rights would greatly benefit him. --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 15:47, 25 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - SmokeSound off! 19:23, 29 August 2012 (EDT)
Neutral (0/0) Sysop
Against (0/0) Sysop
The community in Halopedia is a lax community (e.g. need more candidates for HOTM!) and any visitor/representative from any site are treated similarly as any other users (i.e. Halo.fr user requesting help with translation). Puzzled about "foster and create a friendlier relationship" but I guess that's in your own perspective. Oh, IRC >> Wikia Chat!! :P — subtank 21:52, 22 August 2012 (EDT)
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
1. When did you join Halopedia?
- I joined Halopedia and it's community on January 2, 2011.
2. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halopedia?
- Anything from re-formatting, correcting grammar, to creation of some articles. In addition to that, I also participated in the image tagging competition, where I and several other users tagged countless unused images for deletion to free up space.
3. What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halopedia?
- I can't say I've done much on the technical side. I often check to see if there are any double redirects to fix, and if there are, I redirect them to the correct page. I also tag unneeded redirects for deletion when I come across them.
4. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community?
- I try to give my opinion on any issue that may arise whenever I can, as well as discussing with other users what their opinion on the issue is. I frequently nominate users that I see making outstanding contributions for Halopedian of the Month.
5. If you are administrated, what changes do you propose?
- I would like to foster and create a friendlier relationship with the Halo Nation community. They focus on Halo and so do we, so there's no reason to not be friendly to them.
6. To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail?
- To me, administratorship means that other people are trusting you to take care of the site and make it better. I see admins as equal to any other user, just with a few extra tools entrusted to them by their community for which they are responsible to use effectively and not abusively.
7. To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halopedia after you are administrated, in the event that you are?
- I should be able to check this site on a daily basis.
8. What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise?
- I have an Xbox Live account (Gamertag:Spartacus0898) and a Waypoint forum account that I use to discuss and view interesting topics about the Halo universe. Also, I have an account on Wikia (Spartacus0898) where I go onto Halo Nation's chat channel to just talk with them.
9. What is your familiarity with the Halo universe?
- I am very familiar with the various aspects of the Halo universe and will be educating myself in the coming weeks to become even more familiar with the story of Halo 4. I also have all the Halo games as well as several of the novels that I use to brush up on my canon.
10. What is your familiarity with Halopedia policies?
- I have a strong familiarity with Halopedia's policies and often review them from time to time.
11. What is your relationship with the Halopedia community and current administration?
- I would say that I have a good relationship with the community here. I try to engage the community and the administration as much as possible, as well as offering help and advice to other users when available.
12. How may users contact you?
- Users can contact me in three ways, through my message board, my talk page, or by emailing me at email@example.com.