- 1 Welcome to Halopedia!
- 2 Halo Reach Video Game Awards (Talk)
- 3 Mind lending me a hand?
- 4 Regarding bullet points in trivia sections
- 5 About changing talk page comments...
- 6 CSG
- 7 RE: Sidebar
- 8 RE: New Human Pic
- 9 RE: Dur-Didact
- 10 Spark and Lifeshaper
- 11 Why did you revert my edits? Prologue
- 12 Mega Blocks
- 13 Activity
- 14 RE
- 15 Shady
- 16 Hey
- 17 UNSC Feeling Lucky
- 18 image
Welcome to Halopedia!
Halo Reach Video Game Awards (Talk)
"I tried to put this trivia bit up but I don't know how to put the source without the picture showing up. Could someone please help me?"
To add a picture without inserting it use a colon : before the "File:" so that it says now File:*filename*.
File:7inTheSky.png gives me this: File:7inTheSky.png, the link to the picture without inserting it. Do the same with categories so that you can link to one without including the actual article to the category. Example: Category:Halo Music.
Mind lending me a hand?
I recently needed to preform a major edit for the assassination page, so I used a draft under my user page for the edit, as I have never made such a large one.
Mind checking it out for any mistakes I may have made before I update the main one?
All info came from my own findings, you can read them here *pleasecommentprettyplease*: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=54675449&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1
Thanks! Jabberwockxeno 15:07, 12 January 2011 (EST)
Regarding bullet points in trivia sections
- Could you please stop undoing my edits? I'm currently trying to get rid of these unneeded bullet points. --Tentacletornado 15:09, 12 November 2011 (EST)
About changing talk page comments...
- "To Wilc0, the reason we generally frown upon the editing of comments is that the original text the user wrote should be visible to members so it is interpreted the way they were written, as well as a number of other reasons. The author is free to change their wording if he/she is misunderstood but it doesn't make sense for others to it for them; you might change their meaning entirely, which again leads to misunderstandings, and worst still, not within their control."
- — Nicmavr, here.
- True, but I only added ONE LETTER. Nicmavr wasn't talking about grammar, he was talking about changing links in a person's post or cropping their comments. Adding ONE LETTER to correct a person's spelling is harmless, and didn't change the meaning in any way. If fixing involves cropping or rewording, I wouldn't edit it. But editing spelling is hardly a meaning change, and if it is, then it can easily reverted. Tuckerscreator(stalk) 00:57, 16 May 2012 (EDT)
I have no Xbox. The one I used before was my roommates'. Tuckerscreator(stalk) 15:12, 24 October 2012 (EDT)
- That's a shame, however, Thank-you for your consideration. Hope you get one soon! -Killjax
- Sure, go right ahead! The code is located in this diff. Mind showing it to me when you're done?--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 15:09, 2 December 2012 (EST)
RE: New Human Pic
Yeah, I'd been trying to find a new image for that article for a while - the Reach civilian models weren't exactly the best quality, and since we have live-action stuff it makes sense to use it here. --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 01:24, 3 December 2012 (EST)
- I haven't tried it myself so I don't have any idea if it works. As for getting the image, it would be one of the many occasions where Campaign Theater would come in handy. In the meantime, the current image does its job fairly well - actual photos have the virtue of being, well, real, so they don't age in the same way as in-game shots do. I tried to find a decent live-action group shot, but File:FUD Cadet Dormitory.jpg|this one]] is about the closest I got and I think the cadet trio works a lot better. --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 02:13, 3 December 2012 (EST)
Spark and Lifeshaper
While it is true that Guilty Spark refers to the individual as "Lifeshaper", he also explicitly says that she is humanity's greatest champion, and both humanity and the Didact love this Lifeshaper, which is clearly in reference to the Librarian. I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out that the individual Spark found was Chant-to-Green, but as far as Primordium is concerned he appears to be talking about the Librarian. -- SFH (talk) 00:42, 6 April 2013 (EDT)
Why did you revert my edits? Prologue
Hey there Tucker, long time no speak. Just saw some of this stuff - here - and thought I'd pass it along so that either you could do something about it or get someone else to do so; I'm busy right now or I'd try to sort through it myself. In any case, hope this new information might help fuel some speculation --Am I a Lion, or a Lamb? Or a Boy? Saint or Sinner? The Lost Books 13:00, 31 October 2013 (EDT)
Hey Tucker, we've noticed that you have not been active here for nearly a year now. We'd like to know if you have any intent of returning to the wiki in the near future? If not, then it's ok, we understand. Please do try to respond to this message ASAP though (messaged on talk page so the community is aware of this). Thanks.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 12:43, 24 January 2015 (EST)
- Not this week, but next week. Thanks for understanding. Tuckerscreator(stalk) 15:59, 24 January 2015 (EST)
- Understandable. It just seemed odd you created all those articles for characters that will never be mentioned again when characters important to the plot still don't have articles. You should....make those right now :P Sith-venator Wavingstrider File:Fett helmet.jpg|20 (Commlink) 18:14, 10 May 2015 (EDT)
Hey man, it's Draft227. Can I ask you something? Why the category I created, History of the Swords of Sanghelios, was deleted and deemed unnecessary? I don't believe it is, as the Swords is an important faction such as the UNSC is or the Covenant was, and, with their constant growing importance on fiction, more important events now revolve and happen around them, such as the Schism, the Sangheili Civil War and even the Human-Covenant War (which they also took a part). I'm not doubting of your edits nor I'm saying you don't have the right to do that (as there may also have a rule for that which I don't know about). I just wanted to ask why it is considered unnecessary. Sorry to come here just to tell you that and thanks for listening. (Commlink) 18:18, 30 September 2015 (EDT)
UNSC Feeling Lucky
I cared about it too. That's why I asked about it. ;)
I have an Excel spreadsheet with 200-ish lore questions I want answers to. Everything from "What was the name of Spartan-001?" to "What is the registry of the UNSC Epoch" to "Why the change in Unggoy naming scheme after the war?" (Dadab/Flipyap/Yapflip to Dimkee Hotay)
- *high-fives* Tuckerscreator(stalk) 15:21, 17 November 2015 (EST)