Meet the Administrators!
An Administrator is a user who have access to a few additional features on the site for housekeeping for keeping wikis nice and tidy. They are users who have access to more features than Patrollers.
What features do Administrators have?
These functions are solely for housekeeping for keeping Halopedia nice and tidy. The community does look to administrators to perform the essential chores that require the extra access administrators are entrusted with. However, otherwise, administrators are the same as other users, and are expected to be well-tempered in all respects.
- Deleting and undeleting pages, uploaded images and page histories.
- Protecting a page so it can not be edited or moved by anonymous users (autoconfirmed protection) or non-admins (full/sysop protection), in accordance with the policy.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and quick reversion ("rollback") of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins (editing MediaWiki files).
- Viewing a user's IP addresses and other information.
- Marking high quality page revisions as "patrolled" to help with the reverting of poor or bad-faith edits.
What should Administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version they prefer in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Administrators should not be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is a regular user who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of Halopedia.
How can I become a Administrator?
- Main article: Halopedia:Requests for Adminship
Administrators are usually selected on an as-needed basis only. As Halopedia grows, more administrators may be needed to assist in its operation. New administrators are always selected via a Request for Adminship.
Administrator Help Guide
- See Wikipedia's administrators' how-to guide for a complete guide on using administrator functions. For bureaucrats, see Halopedia:Bureaucrats for a Bureaucrat Help Guide.
- Special:Blockip - block a username, IP address, or IP range
- Special:DeletedContributions - view a user's deleted contributions
- Special:Import - import pages with full history and content from other wikis
- Special:RevisionDelete - Hides individual page revisions in the case of exposure of sensitive information (eg. potentially libelous or personal information as well as copyright violations). Note: See manual here
- Special:Undelete - view and restore deleted content
- Special:Unwatchedpages - view a list of pages not on any users' watchlist
- Special:Checkuser - view IP addresses used by a user, or vice-versa. This tool should only be used in accordance with the policy
Meet the Administrators!
1 Is currently on a leave of absence
This is a list of former Administrators. Most listed here are no longer active.
- Buz - Inactive since November 2004
- AgentSeethroo - Inactive since July 2006
- Esemono - Inactive since March 2007
- Guesty-Persony-Thingy - Resigned February 2008
- ED - Resigned August 2008
- EwCDnaudee419 - Resigned October 2009
- Simon rjh - Resigned October 2009
- HaloDude - Honorably Discharged April 2010
- Manticore - Honorably Discharged April 2010
- RelentlessRecusant - Honorably Discharged April 2010
- Spirit of Fire - Honorably Discharged April 2010
- Devout Atheist - Resigned August 2010
- Subtank - Resigned September 2010
- General5 7 - Resigned March 2011
- Grizzlei - Resigned May 2013
- Nicmavr - Resigned June 2013
- Smoke. - Resigned June 2013
- Halo-343 - Resigned June 2013
- Forerunner - Honorably Discharged June 2013
- Spartacus - Resigned August 2017
- Tuckerscreator - Resigned October 2017
- Morhek - Resigned January 2018