From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Nice username :P
^ --Rocko says hi 14:46, 27 August 2018 (EDT)
Pavium and Voridus height
I can mathematically prove their heights. TacitAutumn7 (talk) 20:13, October 20, 2019 (EDT)
- User-made calculations can't be cited as proof here. Sorry. Particularly when inserted into the page without any sourcing or backup of any kind.BaconShelf (talk) 02:41, October 21, 2019 (EDT)
- TacitAutumn7, it might help to read this Wikipedia page. I know not all Wikipedia policies affect Halopedia, but this one sums it up. WP:OR Jeb3Talk at me here 07:18, October 21, 2019 (EDT)
Hi, it looks like on May 30 you deleted a bunch of things without checking their links. Most of the Special:BrokenRedirects are links to deleted pages. I thought I'd let you know to delete them instead of tagging them all. Earlier I removed some broken file links that you deleted, but I was just checking the system category so there may be more broken links listed on the special pages. Thanks, Bobogoobo (talk) 01:12, July 25, 2020 (EDT)
Hey Bacon, just wondering why the page on "Craig" was deleted. I understand previously he was an internet meme, however his appearance was recently confirmed in the Inside Infinite for October 2021. Can you explain the reason behind this to me?—This unsigned comment was made by Camelboiis (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Hey. As it stands there's no indication that they actually intend to make a canon character called Craig. Instead, in that post they're using the name as a joking way to refer to the Brute model seen in the E3 2020 demo - not as an intent to make such a character actually canon. They do indicate they've included some easter eggs in the game referencing the meme which would certainly be grounds for a page creation, and a Craig article may in time be worth creating as a non-canon article covering the history of the joke (see our pages on Mister Chief, for an example of this, or Yapflip for an example of a character which is only mentioned as part of an easter egg and thus likely has no canon significance).
- However, we are very wary of creating pages on memes or community jokes, due to the frequency at which they appear and their relative lack of notability - if you wanted to present a case for this I think it would be best to do so on our Discord server, as we have a lot of active contributors there.BaconShelf (talk) 03:37, November 1, 2021 (EDT)
- Alright, thank you for the insight! I assumed the caption under the picture of the Brute meant that this was the new “Craig” model, but I will bring up that point in the discord. Thanks again for your time! Camelboiis (talk) 03:51, November 1, 2021 (EDT)
- No worries. Apologies for deleting the page so suddenly, we've had a fair few people try to make such a page over the past year as a meme, so it's something we're a little sensitive toward. Thank you for your contributions! BaconShelf (talk) 04:08, November 1, 2021 (EDT)
Hey, I just noticed you recently deleted the article on Capitalism which had a lot more to do with the lore than simply being a brief summary from a wikipedia article as it claims to be deleted, why was this? I don't know if this is because political discussion are allowed on here or not really, because there is a similar article about Communism which is significantly shorter.
Hi! I was just wondering about the site's canon policy. I have an Idea for some classified ONI operations on Covenant industrial planets that I'd like to write about. While these operations are something ONI would do, they don't have any direct references in any franchise material.—This unsigned comment was made by Skirzee (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Hi! Our canon policy can be found here. Unfortunately, what you'd wish to write about would stray into fan fiction territory for our purposes. I'd recommend visiting our friends on the Halo Fanon wiki for something like what you're suggesting!BaconShelf (talk) 15:32, November 13, 2021 (EST)
- Alrighty then! Thanks anyway! I'll get back to you once I have a working page there. I hope you enjoy my work in the future!
Hey there. You can probably tell that i'm pretty new to Halopedia. Thanks for properly formatting some of my contributions. I am not very familiar with formatting, is there some place I can learn how to format things properly? Thanks. Orangr (talk) 19:31, January 12, 2022 (EST)Orangr
- Hey, our help pages can be found here, which should cover the basics. We also have a fairly active Discord channel where you can ask for help too. Otherwise, feel free to ask any of the staff here if you have issues. I'd also recommend checking out how existing pages are formatted and essentially copying how they do stuff. Hope that's helpful :) BaconShelf (talk) 19:35, January 12, 2022 (EST)
Alright. Thanks for that help. I'll check those out. Orangr (talk) 19:37, January 12, 2022 (EST)Orangr
what happened to my newly created page
New Horizons, Old Ways
My apologies for posting here, but this wiki appears to be dead in all other social areas: on talk pages, on the forum, in the various wiki projects, perhaps not on the Discord server. Most of these pages have not been edited in years.
With the discontent expressed by Halo fans in regard to the direction of the franchise, I am curious if a project has begun on this wiki, on another wiki, or somewhere on the Internet to create a wiki to distinguish Bungie lore from the 343 continuity. The inclusion of 343 content in articles dedicated to original Bungie characters, events, locations, etc., would complicate an effort to provide a distinction on Halopedia, as comprehensive as it is, where a potentially confusing, line-by-line layering of disclaimers and identifiers would be necessary to separate Bungie from 343 in any particular subject, on all 15,000 articles. The alternative would be to adopt a two-page format similar to Wookieepedia, but this does not conform to Canon policy. Either option would be a huge undertaking, and is unrealistic with the current level of participation.
I have not edited on Halopedia, nor on Halo Alpha, but I was a Wikipedia editor for years and would be interested in contributing to this proposed project. If you are familiar with such an effort or interested parties and persons, I would appreciate being introduced to them. — Scribe (talk) 15:55, November 30, 2022 (EST)
- Hi. I'm not sure what you mean by the site not being edited in years - we have very regular page updates (which you can view in Special:RecentChanges). Most of the site's social function's are fairly dead at this point due to the Discord server, which is the channel through which most Wiki management is done these days - and is fairly active. I'd encourage you to join if interested as most of the staff team are very active there.
- To answer your main question though, there's no such project I'm particularly aware of in the Halo community to do such a proposal, and currently it's not something we have any intent to do on our end. Halopedia exists to document all aspects of the Halo series as it exists currently, and contributing to the big divide (so to speak) isn't something I think anyone on the team would be interested in doing. We have plenty of work as it is with the pages we already have - so it'd be a massive additional workload. Sorry if that's not the news you were hoping for - however if that is a project you intend to work on yourself it's not an area we'll be working in at all.BaconShelf (talk) 16:07, November 30, 2022 (EST)