Halopedia:Requests for adminship/Sith Venator
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
I, Sith Venator, accept this nomination for adminship.
Reason for Nomination
With only a handful of admins active at the moment and a great amount of new Halo content coming in the next year and a half, myself and the other admins have decided that additional admins are needed for Halopedia.
Sith Venator has been a loyal, mature, and trusted user on Halopedia for years, with many quality conributions under his belt. I am quite confident that Sith Venator is more than capable of handling administrative rights and duties in a responsible manner.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 23:02, 17 June 2014 (EDT)
Support (12/5) sysop
- Support--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 23:02, 17 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support-- Rusty-112 Admin comm 20:09, 18 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - NightHammer (talk) 23:00, 18 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - He's has my full support! Lord Susto 23:57, 18 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 06:44, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support – Absolutely. He has my full support. Good luck! —TentacleTornado 07:33, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 12:22, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - Absolutely. --Dragonclaws(talk) 14:33, 20 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - --Killamin7 [Comm|Files] 09:22, 21 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - 100% --Our vengeance is at hand. (Talk to me.) 10:20, 23 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - No argument here. --Xamikaze330 [Transmission|Commencing] 17:48, 24 June 2014 (EDT)Xamikaze330
- Support - Col. Snipes450 13:37, 25 June 2014 (EDT)
Against (0/0) Sysop
I'm just gonna remove the "Neutral" voting section since it serves virtually no purpose. The "Comment" section would be a better place for those neutral to this administratorship.
With regards to the administratorship, just a few things to clarify:
- Given your active presence over at Waypoint forums, how would you present yourself if you are given administrator's rights? Do keep in mind that administrators are, in a way, considered to be the official face of the wiki.
- Have you given much thought about joining the awesome Patrollers group?
Just a couple of easy questions. :) — subtank 12:44, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
- I always try to act civil over on the Waypoint forums. One thing I've learned to do is try to ignore the massive amount of complaining over just about anything. Since I usually hang out at the Universe section of the forums I get to discuss more lore related subjects with other lore junkies rather than the other sections where I have to defend my Mantis and Jetpack.
- I haven't given much thought about it, but I could probably be easily persuaded into joining.
- Good for me. :) — subtank 15:46, 21 June 2014 (EDT)
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
1. When did you join Halopedia?
It's a good thing I have this on my user page or else I wouldn't be able answer. I joined Halopedia on August 5th, 2008 after several months of using Halopedia as an anon.
2. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halopedia?
By far my most valued contribution to Halopedia has been my work on the list of appearances sections of hundreds of pages. I've also reverted my share fair of vandalism and edit wars.
3. What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halopedia?
My most valued technical contribution was probably finally sourcing the range on the XBR55. The citation needed template was on that page for years before it finally drove me crazy enough I cracked open my copy of Halo: Contact Harvest and found the exact page that details the range.
4. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community?
I always try to be friendly to people. I don't really like to argue and I always try to value the opinion of others. I think that we work better as a community when everyone is comfortable working with each other and striving to better not themselves but Halopedia as a whole.
5. If you are administrated, what changes do you propose?
As per recent pushing I think we do need to try to keep up on Multiplayer related pages better. I have no excuse really for not helping in such things as I actively play War Games in Halo 4 and multiplayer in Halo Wars while occasionally jumping back to Halo 3 and Halo: Reach to mix things up a little bit.
6. To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail?
An administrator should be the first one in and the last one out in any issues on Halopedia as the voice of reason. They should be the kind of people that other users look up to and learn from.
7. To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halopedia after you are administrated, in the event that you are?
Essentially every day. I have my own laptop with a "usually" stable internet connection. I am currently attending a college, but it doesn't interfere with my Halo-related activities.
8. What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise?
9. What is your familiarity with the Halo universe?
I would describe myself as a walking Halopedia. The only two pieces of Halo media I haven't played/watched/read are Halo: The Thursday War and Halo: Mortal Dictata, and I have both on my laptop.
10. What is your familiarity with Halopedia policies?
I'm pretty familiar with them, but I should probably brush up on them just to be safe.
11. What is your relationship with the Halopedia community and current administration?
I'll talk to some other users on here sometimes and will regularly check with Jugus or Braidenvl if I'm not sure about something. Though inactive on here Silent Snore is probably my best friend on Xbox Live.
12. How may users contact you?
On my board or talk page, Halo Waypoint, or my email which is Sithvenator@gmail.com.