Halopedia:Requests for adminship/Specops306
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- Nominations for HoTM and Adminship on the same day? I really feel honoured, and thank everyone who has such faith in my abilities, whether it is successful or not. I humbly accept the nomination for Adminship! Specops306, Kora 'Morhek 00:03, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks, everyone, who expressed confidence in my abilities. However, I feel that RR raises too good a point: I have next to no experience with programming scripts, which are a part of being an Admin. It is with a heavy heart that I ask to close my RfA - on the lighter side, hopefully I'll soon gain the experience required, and perhaps try again. Specops306, Kora 'Morhek 05:18, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
Reason for nomination
Specops306 has shown that he can do outstanding and great work for Halopedia and it's members. He has been a tremendous helper to myself, other Administrators, and even fellow Halopedians. Right now, Specops306 is the only member who I trust to become an Administrator, and the only person who fits the requirements to become one. In addition, he is well on his way to become the Halopedian of the Month for April 2008.
As I end this nomination request, I'll leave you a quote from Blemo about Specops306.
- "If there was an entry on the Recent Changes page that says, "(2 changes) ARTICLE NAME [A person, other person (2x)]", Specops306 is one of the names of one of the people that edited that page."
- — Blemo on the Halopedian of the Month.
Support (20/2 sysop)
- Support As per my statement above. File:CommanderTony Logo.PNG|25px]]UoH|General]] Tony, Administrator of HalopediaTalk 3/08/2008
- Support -- i think you are a nice guy. So you need it. George Skywalker 09:45, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support -- The Dude rocks. What's more to say? -- Sgt.johnsonFile:General-gr1.gif|30px]] 23:08, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support Yeah, as a councilor in the CoH, I personally know what he has to offer. HaloDude 23:11, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support Fresh meat. --Charitwo 23:12, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support I agree with the others Delta-269 23:40, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
Support I would be truly honored if you allow Adminship to Specops306-Demon Razgriz 00:27, 11 March 2008 (UTC) Support He not bad with everything i believe he can become the next Admin. of Halopedia. Halosmoniters 24:45, 8 March 2008 (UTC) Support nothing bad to say so sure —This unsigned comment was made by Headshoted (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~ Support Seems like a good choice to me! —Leaps-from-Shadows (talk) 04:07, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support He seems like a good user. Yeah, let him be an Admin. —This unsigned comment was made by SPARTAN-118 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Support Having time to talk to Specops306 on the chat, he seems to be a rule abiding person to me and as stated above he has been nominated for halopedia of the Month and i see no reason why he shouldn't be an Admin he meets the requirements and isn't a A%$hole so Shwam and also we need more admins to many users not enough people watching what there doing FistofthEmperor
- Support I support this, he seems fair and just when it comes to decisions. LovemuffinTalk PageContributionsFile:Dancing_master_chief.gif|30px]] 00:56, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support He's good with me, he's been around, seen a few things. Peace. Spartan-James 06:28, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support Active Halopedian Incendiary File:UoH-inverted.png|30px]] "Converse" "Gifts" Incendiary 09:58, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support good halopedian and helpfullCF0UoH/A Company|0]]1 14:30, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support hes a great halopedian and obviously has enough skills to achieve the rank of commander. Spartan-010:Stryker My Comm My Battles File:LTBar.png|15px]] 19:19, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support I was a bit hesitate when I submitted my vote, since I do not know Specops306 as well, and he doesn't seem to use to IRC as often. But I have faith in him, since he is an experienced user and a very outstanding editor. Warm Regards, --File:Colonel.png|35px]] Blemo File:Progress Wheel.gif]] TALK • CONTRIBUTIONS • EMAIL • MESSAGE 01:20, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support - There's more shit to clean up around here than ever before, and I trust Specops206 with a couple of extra buttons. -- Manticore (talk) 04:30, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support Sergeant Masterchief46517 File:ODSTbattlerifle.JPG|20px]] com link 02:19, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support He's a good user, I think he would make a great Admin.TroybAllSpark Quest contribsFile:ProphetofRegret.jpg|30px]] 20:18, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- SupportApparently, very helpful and contributes to the community on a regular basis.(I changed my vote from before). Bllasae
- Support He is a great friend to me as well as other Halopedians and, I believe, he has the experience to be an Admin. Give him the position. EwCDnaudee 20:44, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
Support I support the nomination of this user. (Now with 50 edits!) —Leaps-from-Shadows (talk) 20:15, 15 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support He is a good friend to me and everyone else, so I think he'd fit in perfectly because of his kindness and contributions.--Thunderstream328.
Neutral (1/0 sysop)
- Didn't we just, a couple months ago, elect CT? This seems kinda quick for another RfA. I don't know SpecOps, sure he's a great person, but it seems too early for another Admin for me. k4karnage File:MA5C ICWS Assault Rifle.jpg|50px]] Talk Channel | Achivements 21:15, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
Against (10/1 sysop)
- Oppose - With all respect, as I've told SpecOps306, I think this RfA is extremely premature. His most notable contributions have been on the details of the Halo Universe -- something to begin with and quite admirable, but he has no featured article work and has not demonstrated, at least to me, any exceptional work with writing that is easily seen, because none of his major contributions have been lengthy at all. Coupled with his lack of technical expertise, in my opinion, this can not work -- administrators should have at least an intermediate understanding of templates, infoboxes, etc...While he's nice enough, he definately needs more work to show himself as a suitable candidate in my eyes. My apologies for this caustic comment. Regards, RelentlessRecusant 'o the Halopedia Team TALK • MESSAGE 16:04, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- OpposeSorry Specops306 but I find my self in agreence with RelentlessRecusant.--UoH/Council|Colonel, Grade 2]] RyanTheGreat11File:'s_emblem.jpg|15px]] 22:11, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Just to say things, I had been wanting to oppose it ever since CT norminate him, though his contributions may have done much to Halopedia, but as RR said, it's really a premature normination. I second RR's statement. MasterChiefPettyOfficerSpartan Contribution 10:34, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose I agree with RR on this one. It's a little too early for another Admin in my eyes.-Thegoodone 05:58, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose I'm sorry, but like fellow Halopedians, I can't help but agree with RR. -TheLostJedi 01:20, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose If he wants to be an administrator, he should ask HIMSELF, not be elected by someone else. He should say he wants this or not, not be given it because he might not want it. Gunnery Sgt.White HawkFile:Gun-Sgt-gr3.gif|20px]] 01:24, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, were you privy to that conversation then? No. He asked if I would want to be an admin, and I liked the idea. If i'd had the time on the day, I would have asked myself.Specops306, Kora 'Morhek 04:32, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose I believe it is too early for an admin. We have enough currently serving at the moment. Relentless is also right about the technical stuff. Sorry spec-ops. Parp555-My Head Asploded! Stuff that <insert name here> has done for me 19:44, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- To be quite candid, I get the feeling more administrators won't exactly solve the problem--this is something inherent in the skin that we accepted when we adopted it. And to be fair, I think that almost all RfAs would be pre-mature at this time to my knowledge of the community. Regards, RelentlessRecusant 'o the Halopedia Team TALK • MESSAGE 13:18, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Well, I'm not here all that much, but as far as I've seen, our current admins do fine. Also, as far as I've, and I stress that, seen him edit, it's not all that spectacular. In fact, I've seen a few times that he undid something just because it was an IP, even though it helped (the most recent was on the Scarab, which I undid his edit). But, back at the ranch, I just don't see why he needs to be an admin. --Lord of SPARTANsLOMI HQI here your criesMay your works be honorable
19:50, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Specops306's lack of technical experience is a problem (in my opinion) for an RfA as Adminship comes with access to the more technical parts of the Halopedia such as the MediaWiki: namespace and since new users often come to admins for help. Phil.e. [Talk to me] 01:29, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose I do agree with the rest. I have not seen User SpecOps 306 doing much major contributions to be an Admin. But however, from what it seems, it may still be early for Spec306 to become one, and in my opinion, Halopedia seems to be doing fine now(Even though GPT recently resigned), so if he wants to be an admin, that will probably happen in the future, and I will probably go along. SpecOps 306: Do not give up hope to be an administrator though. Dark Neptune 02:43, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
Is there a better reason why we are having so many sysops on Halopedia, thus, just a few months ago, we've elected CT, and now it's Specops306 ? MasterChiefPettyOfficerSpartan Contribution 10:26, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
- Uh, if you've been blind, GPT has left. -- Sgt.johnsonFile:General-gr1.gif|30px]] 01:26, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- GPT left? No wai.Bllasae
- White Hawk, he can't nominate himself because that is not allowed by the self voting policy. CF0UoH/A Company|0]]1 12:17, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
Some of the oppositions are constructive criticism, such as RR's raising of my lack of programming expertise. But others seem to be just complaining that its too soon - we lost GPT, which leaves a big gap to fill. And, like Chief Frank 001 said, I couldn't nominate myself, so please don't hold that against me... Specops306, Kora 'Morhek 20:12, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
Well, tell you what, you actions on agreeing the DoH disgust me, this proves you inexperienced to Halopedia's policy (I am not in the position to critisize as I'm am in no higher position), I can say you are a potential Halopedian who can succeed in ruling Halopedia, but maybe it is not today. MasterChiefPettyOfficerSpartan Contribution 09:58, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
- Excuse me? That was a genuine attempt at improving the quality of Halopedia, and yes, I actually have seen the policies. The DoH wouldn't have been "Vandal Fighters" per se, but people who worked together to fix things, like the double-links, spelling errors, and spam. I'm sorry, but when you say you are in no position to criticise and then do it anyway, I tend to get annoyed. Specops306, Kora 'Morhek 19:10, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, maybe DoH is what that for, but remember, every Halopedian has the responsibility in doing that, did you join Halopedia just to socialize with other Halo fans? Anyway, when I say I'm not in the position, it is a general disclaimer. MasterChiefPettyOfficerSpartan Contribution 12:47, 15 March 2008 (UTC)
- Im curious, why is that? Sounds to me like you dont like him, in that case you shouldnt be voting. Voting for any position should be based on a nominees qualifications, not past arguments or personal vendettas held against him by another. EwCDnaudee 01:37, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
Do I sound like I hated him? Well, you can think so (No, I don't hate him!), but that isn't a past argument either, remember, the usergroup request has just started some days ago, and that what make me think he shouldn't be an admin. The phrase personal vedettas should even be apply to my other comments! MasterChiefPettyOfficerSpartan Contribution 11:39, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
- When did you join Halopedia?
March 9th, 2007, so I've been here a year to the day!
- What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halopedia?
- What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halopedia?
Define "technical." Is that creating new categories for articles? Or delving into the code?
- What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community?
Trying not to give anyone the wrong idea, and pointing out people's mistakes in a way that (hopefully) is gentle, inoffensive, and clear.
- What is your expertise with programming languages, if any?
Sadly very little.
- Do you administrate any other Wikia? If so, which?
- If you are administrated, what changes do you propose?
More logos at the top of articles, like the ones we already have pointing out the era, eg; CH, FoR, FS, GoO, etc - perhaps more for which civilisation they belong to, such as UNSC, Covenant, Forerunner or Flood or misc if its ambiguous, just for clarity.
- To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail?
Ensuring that Halopedia doesnt degenerate into a hive of scum and villainy. Deleting articles that are duplicates, spam or just vandalism, banning users who want to ruin the experience for others, and helping anyone who asks for it (or at least pointint them to someone who can).
- To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halopedia after you are administrated, in the event that you are?
Probably as soon as I possibly can.
- What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise?
Pretty much just Halopedia.
- What is your familiarity with the Halo universe?
I consider my knowledge of the Halo universe to be one of my most definable attributes. I own all of the novels and the games, and constantly re-read them, enjoying them and picking them apart for info.
- What is your familiarity with Wikia and Halopedia policies?
Intimately familiar with Canon policy and Signature policy (thanks Manticore!), and consider myself literate with other policies.
- What is your relationship with the Halopedia community and current administration?
Been a member for a while now, and I fell that I know most of the people on the scene
- How may users contact you?
email@example.com But please, no offensive material, because I share it with my family.