Halopedia:Requests for adminship/Spirit-of-HALO
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Support (0/0 sysop)
Neutral (0/0 sysop)
Against (0/0 sysop)
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
- When did you join Halopedia?I joined September 21, 2007 (I like to add, the date on my contribution said I joined on Feburaury 21. I dont know why.
- What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halopedia?Well, my edits of course, I focus on removing vandalism, and I intent to remove it more if I succeed. I'm also a high ranked in the UoH and CoH Usergroups.
- What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halopedia?I learned basic MediaWiki on here and on other wikis, I perfected some templates (such as the ranks). I also do viruses scan on Halopedia every month to insure its safety.
- What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community?I help users a lot on here, and contributed a lot on here for them. I'm also on the IRC, I help there also and just have a good time there.
- What is your expertise with programming languages, if any?I'm currently teaching myself on HTML formatting on this wiki and others, although I'm getting the hang of it, I'm willing to devote time on it to learn more.
- Do you administrate any other Wikia? If so, which?None thus far.
- If you are administrated, what changes do you propose?Ive actually thought of this at some point, due to past events, I would like to execute random and innaproppriate polls, quizzes, picture games, and blogs. Also with articles that I seen vandalized before, I dont want that.
- To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail?Yes an Administrator has a "few extra buttons", but to me, an Administrators uses his tasks given to him to ensure care to the articles and , most importantly, to the members of Halopedia. With this, I plan to set an example of myself to both "veteran" and new" alike.
- To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halopedia after you are administrated, in the event that you are? I do have a Laptop, so wherever I go, it goes, when I'm at my house, I use my recently new Desktop to go on Halopedia and/or the IRC. I'm also very active, when I'm not, I leave a message to insure there is no misunderstanding.
- What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise?I'm a member of other wikis such as Xenopedia, Jak and Daxter wiki, Halo Fanon, and here of course. I do not have XboxLive, maybe soon? I'm not sure. I also have Xfire - Gaming Simplified, there, I talk to other users and have a good time
- What is your familiarity with the Halo universe?I'm know extensively of the Halo Universe (*snort* Yeah! *snort*). Any question you ask me, I could most likely answer it, though I do owe it to this site.
- What is your familiarity with Wikia and Halopedia policies? When I joined, and recently, I read the rules abiding to the users and Halopedia itself.
- What is your relationship with the Halopedia community and current administration?So far I think its going well. I probably meet new users every week, help them, have some laughs, and what not. As for Administrators, I talk to them at the IRC or just send a friendly message to them saying a simple "Hi, how are you" to a "I need your help".
- How may users contact you?I do have Xfire, my name on it is halobash, I go on IRC everyday accept Sunday (Pacific Standard Time on the afternoons), and the Main site here to.