Halopedia:Requests for adminship/Tuckerscreator
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
I, Tuckerscreator, accept this nomination for adminship. Thank you. A LOT.
Reason for nomination
With the recent removal of inactive administrators in our ranks and a great deal of new Halo content coming in the next year, myself and the remaining admins felt that additional admins were needed for Halopedia.
Tuckerscreator has been a loyal, reliable, and trusted user on Halopedia for years, with many quality edits, a great understanding of the Halo universe, and a very experienced community member. I am quite confident that Tucker is more than capable of handling administrative rights and duties in a responsible manner.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 18:40, 28 June 2013 (EDT)
Support (13/4) sysop
- Support --Spartacus Talk • Contribs 18:40, 28 June 2013 (EDT)
- Support --Always use the DMR. This is craZboy557, signing off. 09:12, 29 June 2013 (EDT)
- Support --Xamikaze330 [Transmit|Files] 12:14, 29 June 2013 (EDT)Xamikaze330
- Support --Killamint [Comm|Files] 13:05, 29 June 2013 (EDT)
- Support - Definitely. He's always been an excellent editor, and is more than deserving of these rights. He has my full support. :D --TentacleTornado 13:11, 29 June 2013 (EDT)
- Support - But do not think this will make it any easier for you to drive your agenda of including the "The" in article titles. I just managed to get it back out, dammit! You hear me? I know what you're up to. Not that it's any secret. Oh well. In all seriousness, though, he definitely deserves this. --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 02:52, 30 June 2013 (EDT)
- Support -- Rusty-112 Admin comm 14:15, 30 June 2013 (EDT)
- Support -- --Courage never dies. (talk) 17:10, 30 June 2013 (EDT)
- Support — He'll be terrible. Grizzlei ♥ ツ NOT! HAHA I MADE A FUNNY.
- Support - Absolutely. Why the Halo isn't he one already? --Dragonclaws(talk) 22:46, 3 July 2013 (EDT)
- Support - In all my dealings with Tuck, he's been rational, professional and diplomatic, without losing a sense of humour. Maybe being admin will jade him just that little bit further and shatter his faith in humanity once and for all? -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 05:21, 4 July 2013 (EDT)
- Support - He has a lot of good contributions, he deserves being admin. -- Pokebub (talk) 00:07, 7 July 2013 (EDT)
- Support — Hope I'm not too late for throwing in my vote! —SPARTAN331 11:52, 10 July 2013 (EDT)
Neutral (0/0) Sysop
Against (0/0) Sysop
This is going to sound odd, but the "The" in article names thing really sold me. No, I'm not joking. Anyway, I hadn't really been paying attention to him (that was the least rude sounding way I could think of to say that) so I didn't really know what to think before I read the interview, but after reading it he seems good. Sound like he'd use his power well and know what he's talking about, and he's got a couple year's experience. Always use the DMR. This is craZboy557, signing off. 09:16, 29 June 2013 (EDT)
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
1. When did you join Halopedia?
In 2010, after exploring around the site for a couple of months. I spent my early years asking a lot of canon questions.
2. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halopedia?
Documenting Zugzwang Evolved. Pushing for a revamp of the Glassing page, creating the Fan Works template, summarizing the history of the Covenant, and fleshing out both Halo: A Fistful of Arrows and Halo: Faith.
3. What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halopedia?
Creating several image standards regarding individual people and ships, so that main images look uniform and tidy. Also settling issues about proper usage of the appearances template. Lastly, pushing for the usage of "The" in an article's name when necessary to the name.
4. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community?
Often debating with others and trying to set a good example for debating, so that most issues here on the talk pages get sorted with reason and logic.
5. If you are administrated, what changes do you propose?
I think there should be an image service organized to collect vital in-game photos. It could perhaps be a forum where users with the ability to take game photos could sign up to take them for others, and those editors who need specific images could request what they'd like to have taken.
For transcripts of trailers and cutscenes, we should have a page listing proper screenplay terminology so the correct terms are used (such as "Cut to X" instead of "Scene switches to X").
Significantly more difficult, but helpful, would be a page listing canon-important quotes from the books listing their pages numbers, so that users who don't have the books could know the full information of what they're citing.
6. To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail?
An administrator should be the first to fix problems, propose changes to the wiki, should be well versed in canon, not abuse their power to force the final say, and set a good example for the community in both editing and discussion.
7. To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halopedia after you are administrated, in the event that you are?
I will be very busy for three weeks after this week, but after that will have plenty of time to participate.
8. What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise?
9. What is your familiarity with the Halo universe?
I estimate I've read through at least 88% of the wiki, and have played both Halo 2 and 3. I've read the first two Nylund books, the first two Forerunner Saga books, and Evolutions. Earlier today, I had a three hour discussion with a friend regarding the Halo canon, and have had similar ones with my family.
10. What is your familiarity with Halopedia policies?
As of today, I feel I should study the policies more to the point where I can cite them from memory just like canon, but I am at least aware of how most of them work and haven't run into any major problems regarding them.
11. What is your relationship with the Halopedia community and current administration?
Minus a few long forgotten rivalries, I enjoy discussing with the community and don't mind any of them. I consider a few of the administrators friends and admire even those I argue with almost every chance we get.
12. How may users contact you?
They can talk to me through my userboard or talk page, or at email@example.com .