From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
If you are reporting a violation of the guidelines (editing, poll/quiz, etc.), go over to my Blacklist!
Long time no talk, and since the boards are mysteriously DEADED I must talk to you via Talk Page. How art thee? How hast thou been of late? File:Commander Silver Leaf.PNG|28 Kougermasters (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 01:26, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Getting rejected by girls, learning awesome things about history, learning that "getting a life" is more complicated and awful than people say it is, contemplating an explosive return on Halopedia, the usual. Now, I had a proposal in mind when I saw the dismal state of many of Halopedia's articles, and since I'm going to have a lot of free time this month, I thought I'd propose it. However, I've run into the problem of the blogs dying, and if I post my proposal in the forums, it won't get nearly as much publicity as I need to it to. Do you mind if I send the short and sweet version to you? File:Commander Silver Leaf.PNG|28 Kougermasters (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 01:34, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm proposing the usergroups return, but with more active members. For example, (and I'm sorry to be the one to have to say this) the old usergroups were rather inactive and inefficent. I'm proposing newer, better, more efficient usergroups, because I must say, usergroups, if applied correctly, could be a huge help to Halopedia's dismal state. Halopedia has A LOT of articles to maintain. It may look shiny and perfect on the outside, but it's rotten to the core with bad articles. The Covenant of Halopedia, The UNSC of Halopedia, The Ancients of Halopedia, the Gamers of Halopedia, and the Standards Council of Halopedia (these being the 5 main usergroups) should make a comeback. Naturally, the Covenant of Halopedia would help improve Covenant-related articles, the UNSC of Halopedia would help improve the UNSC articles, the Ancients would help improve Forerunner and Flood related articles... The Gamers of Halopedia were very underrated... then again, to be honest, the old leaders weren't exactly doing anything. The articles on Halopedia related to the games (maps, gametypes, etc.) are VERY abused and hideous... generally in bad condition.
- Also, the Standards Council should make a return, so I don't have to propose something like I am about to... My second proposal is that disambiguation pages be revamped and updated as to be prettier and more understandable for newbies. Rather than a plain white page and a boring list, I'm thinking something along the lines of a picture Gallery with pics linking to the intended page and descriptions (and moar linkz) in the box below. For articles without pictures, use the standard way underneath the shiny gallery. This will not only draw more people to go to the articles, it will also organize and make Halopedia better as a whole. There are a few more details in these proposals, but this are the basics. File:Commander Silver Leaf.PNG|28 Kougermasters (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 01:50, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Exactly! More organized, more concentrated and concerted efforts! They also need motivation from the leaders! The awards and promotion ideas were great examples. I'm simply thinking that the usergroups need another chance, but this time with these slight [personality] updates. They were at an all-time low (Halopedia itself was at an all time low) when CT disbanded the usergroups. File:Commander Silver Leaf.PNG|28 Kougermasters (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 02:08, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Perhaps. You have one here... well, at least a leader of the CoH, the Standards Council, and the Gamers, which I'm willing to take responsibility for. Like I said, I'm going to have a lot of free time on my hands for the next few months. Also, last year, I was missing a lot of confidence. This year, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get these usergroups back up and running, and to make them more effective than ever! I'm also sure I can find other dedicated users. Nicmavr, Subtank, JEA, Spartansniper, to name a few. File:Commander Silver Leaf.PNG|28 Kougermasters (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 02:27, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for pointing him out. His actions do not refelct the CoD Wiki at all. I have banned him for a month on the CoD Wiki for his actions. Darkman 4 05:46, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Sure. We haven't had any users attempt to vandalize the CoD Wiki in the name of yours yet, but if any do, I'll let you know. Darkman 4 05:51, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
User vandalizing the CoD Wiki in the name of yours
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Ratchetand http://callofduty.wikia.com/index.php?title=Trailer_Park&curid=93978&diff=403764&oldid=400269 Banned him for a month. Darkman 4 12:56, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
what was wrong with my edit to the recon helmet characteristics? its true that you are wearing an easter egg. all marathon symbols in halo are easter eggs
- We do not use the second person in articles. You basically re-worded what was there. SmokeSound off! 07:15, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
Thought of you when I read this. Couldnt help it =]
"Mamma and Papa were layin' in bed, Papa rolled over and this is what he said... Gimme some. P.T. It's good for you, It's good for me. We'll get up in morning with the rising sun, We'll run all day till the day is done. Mile one, Havin' fun. Mile two, Good for you. Mile three, Good for me. Mile four, I want some more. Mile five, Keep me alive. Mile six, Great kicks. Mile seven, This is heaven. Mile eight, This is great. Mile nine, Mighty fine. Mile ten, Let's do it again."
Mind lending me a hand?
I recently needed to preform a major edit for the assassination page, so I used a draft under my user page for the edit, as I have never made such a large one.
Mind checking it out for any mistakes I may have made before I update the main one?
All info came from my own findings, you can read them here *pleasecommentprettyplease*: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=54675449&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1
Thanks! Jabberwockxeno 15:08, 12 January 2011 (EST)