UNSC Hidden Point
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Unified Earth Government|
UNSC Hidden Point was a Point Blank-class prowler, or "stealth cruiser", formerly in the service of the UNSC Navy. It served in the Prowler Corps until its destruction in the battle on Netherop in 2559.
- Main article: Point Blank-class prowler
Crew and complement
During its deployment to Netherop, Hidden Point carried with it an air wing of ten Condor dropships used for long-range special forces deployments. It also carried a battalion of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by .
UNSC Hidden Point was deployed to Netherop in 2559 as part of a larger mission conducted to the planet. It was destroyed during the ensuing battle on the planet by Tam 'Lakosee, following his activation of the Divine Hand.
During the writing of Halo: Outcasts, an early consideration was for the stealth cruiser in the story to be a reuse of UNSC Vanishing Point from Troy Denning's previous novel Halo: Silent Storm. However, this suggestion was rejected by the editors at 343 Industries and the ship renamed to UNSC Stoppage Time; Denning didn't like this revised name - leading to a second rename to Hidden Point for the final print. For the final release of the novel, a reference to the Stoppage Time name remains in Chapter 21, due to an oversight on the part of the editors.
List of appearances
- Halo: Outcasts (First appearance)
- Halo: Outcasts, chapter 8
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 128
- Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), page 252
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, chapter 2
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, chapter 3
- Halo: Silent Storm, chapter 7
- Halo: Silent Storm, chapter 20
- Halo: Silent Storm, chapter 19
- Halo: Outcasts, chapter 21
- Halo: Silent Storm, chapter 16
- Halo: Silent Storm, chapter 17
- Twitter, Troy Dennning (@TDenningauthor): "Probably. At one point, Hidden Point had been renamed Stoppage Time after the editors didn't like the idea of reusing Vanishing Point (from Silent Storm). But I didn't like Stoppage Time as a ship name, and suggested using Hidden Point instead. Sorry we missed that correction!" (Retrieved on Aug 15, 2023) [archive]