From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Unified Earth Government|
UNSC Chaco is a Halberd-class light destroyer in service with the UNSC Navy.
In 2526, the Chaco was one of several vessels of Battle Group X-Ray assigned to Task Force Pantea, a task force of destroyers operating as a "wolf-pack" unit in the Outer Colonies. These task forces were deployed in the Outer Colonies to independently harass and destroy the supply lines of the invading Covenant fleets. At 21:00 hours on June 3, 2526, the Chaco was an element in the task force over Netherop when the destroyers encountered a lone Covenant frigate - the Steadfast Strike. The destroyers engaged the frigate, quickly eliminating the Strike's primary weapon systems and disabling the ship.
Following Steadfast Strike's crash-landing, the Chaco deployed two Pelican dropships to investigate the crash-site, though the craft were fired upon, with one craft soon shot down by the downed-frigate's pulse laser turrets.
Task Force Pantea was later ordered by Admiral Preston Cole to stay on-station to support Blue Team during their operation to recover the wreckage of Steadfast Strike, later engaging the Covenant Fleet of Swift Justice. It is unknown if the Chaco survived the battle.
Crew and complement
As a wolf-pack destroyer, the Chaco carried no on-board Marine complement.
List of appearances
- Halo: Oblivion (First appearance)
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Halo: Oblivion, chapter 4
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Halo: Warfleet - Destroyers, page 32-33
- ^ a b c d e f g Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 124
- ^ a b Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), page 248
- ^ a b Halo Encyclopedia (2011 edition), page 259
- ^ a b Halo Waypoint, UNSC The Heart of Midlothian (Retrieved on Mar 25, 2011) [archive]
- ^ a b c Halo Mythos, page 82-83
- ^ Halo: The Cole Protocol, chapter 1
- ^ a b c d Halo: The Fall of Reach, chapter 16