After the Human-Covenant War, the United Nations Space Command discovered the planet and used it as a home for millions of human refugees. The UNSC Navy maintained a presence on the planet, using it as a staging ground for a number of highly classified military exercises, including Operation: DAYBREAK, located in the highlands of Saviron.
On July 16, 2558, the planet was attacked by Jul 'Mdama's Covenant and his Promethean allies. The attack was advocated by Doctor Catherine Halsey, who believed that a bold move would attract UNSC Infinity. As Halsey predicted, Infinity was deployed to the planet and Commander Sarah Palmer led a joint Spartan-UNSC Marine operation in response to the attack. The UNSC eventually repelled the attack, and only minor damaged was inflicted upon a new power station halting the colonization of the planet. However, Jul's Covenant attacked Oban just to lead Infinity into a trap.
In October 2558, a Forerunner Guardian on Oban was activated and sent to Genesis by the Created, inadvertently taking a UNSC Marine patrol along with it. Oban, along with Conrad's Point and Ursa IV, was one of the first five colonies in which a Guardian was activated, with the Guardian's activation causing widespread destruction and numerous causalities on the planet.
It is likely the planet is named after the Scottish town Oban.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
The Strident-class heavy frigate on Daybreak.
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: Escalation
- Hunt the Truth (Indirect mention)
- Halo 5: Guardians (Hologram only)
- Limited Edition (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Envoy (Mentioned only)
- ^ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 228
- ^ Halo Waypoint, 3.13.13
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Daybreak Screenshot Gallery
- ^ Halo: Escalation, Issue #13
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians, campaign level, Reunion - UNSC Marine Status Update
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians, campaign level, Osiris