From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Logo associated with the city
Casbah City, commonly known simply as Casbah, is the capital city of the human Inner Colony planet Tribute in the Epsilon Eridani system. The city was a well-developed metropolis, with highways, spaceports, a MagLev train system, and high-rise office buildings, as well as at least one Jim Dandy restaurant. An expansive volcanic plain with a somewhat uneven terrain part covered in pumice was located adjoining the city, as well as a large body of water on one side.
- Main article: Insurrection
Tribute was a site of ongoing resistance from Insurrectionist forces in 2524 during Operation: TREBUCHET, and so a battalion of UNSC marines were operating in and around Casbah that year, searching for Insurrectionist bomb makers, supported by the corvette UNSC Bum Rush and Hornet aircraft. They found one such bomb shop, and though they were able to neutralize the facility, the Marines were unable to prevent some of the bombs from making their way into Casbah. This led to a disastrous hostage situation inside a Jim Dandy restaurant in the city, resulting in the deaths of three Marines, thirty-eight civilians, and two rebels.
- Main article: Human-Covenant war
During one of the last engagements in the Battle of Tribute in 2552, a Spartan fireteam engaged the Covenant assault force in Casbah, sacrificing themselves so a group of civilians could safely escape Tribute. A simulation of the port authority's buildings in Casbah was later used by the UNSC Infinity's SPARTAN-IV complement for training.
List of appearances
- Halo: Contact Harvest, page 10 & 14
- Halo 4, multiplayer map Landfall
- Halo Waypoint, Tribute (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]
- Halo: Contact Harvest, page 20
- Halo Waypoint, The Halo Bulletin 2.20.13 (Retrieved on Oct 10, 2014) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 Majestic Map Pack Delivers Close Quarters Action alongside New Gametypes and Playlists on Feb. 25 (Retrieved on Oct 10, 2014) [archive]
- Halo 4, multiplayer map Skyline