BXR Mining Corporation
BXR had several facilities on the colony world of Reach. During the Covenant invasion of Reach, one of the corporation's mining facilities on the Szurdok Ridge at Ütközet was made into a stronghold by Covenant forces.
After the Human-Covenant War, BXR was actively involved in mining silicate glass from former colonies destroyed by the Covenant, including Site #1774 on Bliss, which was visited by Benjamin Giraud.
The company had facilities in the following cities and locations:
|Planet||Location||Facility Name/Facility Role||Citation|
|Viery Territory||Unidentified titanium mine|||
|Bliss||Manikata (Site #1744)|||
- The abbreviation is a reference to the button combination which could be used to ensure an instant kill in Halo 2.
- Some civilians in New Alexandria wear shirts that bear the BXR logo.
- One variation of the BXR logo is that of three colored squares, a blue square on the left, a yellow square on top, and a red square to the right, representing the X, Y, and B buttons, respectively, on a standard Xbox 360 control pad, another obvious reference to the button combination.
- The shape of the logo seems to be a reference to the chemical safety sign (NFPA 704) that is seen on containers of hazardous materials, as it is a group of four side-ways squares inside another, larger square, the exception being that the BXR logo only has three small squares in a larger one.
A Covenant-occupied BXR mining facility during the Battle of Viery.
Site #1774, a silicate mine on Bliss.
BXR on Meridian in Halo 5: Guardians.
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Nightfall
- ONI: Walk the Path (Mentioned only)
- Hunt the Truth
- Halo 5: Guardians