From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Algol system (Beta Persei)
At least two
Algolis was a human colony planet. The planet possessed at least two moons. Algolis housed a relatively small civilian population and was home to some of the Office of Naval Intelligence's research and development projects for prototype weapons, including the HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark I ADS.
The Office of Naval Intelligence's Section Three had facilities on the planet, to which several SPARTAN-II augmentation chemical precursors were sent without Dr. Catherine Halsey's consent, likely in order to be researched for Project CHRYSANTHEMUM.
- Main article: Algolis Invasion
The colony was attacked by the Covenant at some time before March 28, 2549.[Note 1] During the battle, the planet's civilians were evacuated while Marines from the UNSC Marine Corps of Engineers made a last stand against Covenant forces. The UNSC destroyer UNSC The Heart of Midlothian was en route to the planet to secure a powered armor before the facility was attacked. The planet's survivors escaped in transport ships to a UNSC frigate in orbit that carried them to safety. The battle also resulted in the formation of the Banished as well. Overall, it's unknown what happened to the colony following the battle.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances
- Halo Legends
- Prototype (First appearance)
- Halo: Evolutions
- Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian (Mentioned only)
- Halo Wars 2
- Halo: Rise of Atriox
- Halo Infinite (Mentioned only)
- ^ a b Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 50
- ^ a b Halo Legends - Prototype: Poster
- ^ a b Halo Waypoint, Algolis: (Defunct, backup on Archive.org)
- ^ Dr. Halsey's personal journal
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian
- ^ Halo Legends, Prototype
- ^ Halo: Rise of Atriox, issue #1