Halo 4 Title Updates
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
This article is part of a series on
Halo 4 cut content
- Cut content
Cut enemies and ambient life
To check out cut content for other Halo games, see here!
This page lists all Title Updates released by 343 Industries for Halo 4. Over the course of 2012 and 2013, six Title Updates were released for the game. An additional update, the Weapon Tuning Update, was also released though to make considerable changes to the weapon sandbox, though did not require the download of a software patch.
Title Update v1.02
Title Update v1.02 was released on December 6, 2012. It focused on issues affecting the game and gameplay, rather than changes to the sandbox.
List of changes
- Implemented general stability improvements
- Fixed glitch where quickly reloading after firing the Boltshot resulted in an instant reload
- Fixed glitch where sprinting prior to activating the Hardlight Shield allowed players to move faster
- Fixed glitch where players could throw a grenade and then immediately sprint afterwards to perform a high velocity grenade
- Fixed glitch where Mantis could fire more rockets without reloading if the machine gun was fired partway through unleashing the charged missile barrage
- Fixed issue where DLC was unavailable for other profiles on the same console
- Fixed issue where DLC disappeared after console reboot
- Fixed issue where players could not unlock Campaign completion achievements when using a rally point other than Alpha for any mission to finish the Campaign
- Fixed issue where players were not given credit for completion of a Spartan Ops Episode Difficulty Challenge when completing it through Matchmaking
- Fixed issue where players with 99 or more Xbox LIVE friends could not get File recommendations
- Fixed issue where loadout configurations were lost if the game was booted and then powered off before passing the “Press START” screen
- Fixed issue where attempting to upload large films to the File Share under poor network conditions caused the upload to fail
- Improved time to load variants with separate profiles
- Fixed issue where moving a profile from one controller port to another after relaunching the game reset loadout settings
- Improved consistency of random ordnance navigation marker display
- Fixed performance issues when launching Halo Waypoint from Halo 4
Title Update v1.03
Title Update v1.03 was released on February 21, 2013. It fixed a wide range of bugs, glitches, and issues.
List of changes
- Reduced the range of the Boltshot’s damage scaling over distance. The previous effective range for 1-hit kills was around 20-25'. The range has been reduced to 15'.
- Fixed an issue where modified loadouts were not being saved correctly.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to sprint while crouching using “hold to crouch” would cause players to be unable to shoot for 1-1.5 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where some players were not able to get into matches on new map/game variants after playlist updates.
- Fixed a DLC-related Join-in-Progress issue that kicked players back to the title screen.
- Fixed various issues regarding glitched Autosentry deployment.
- Fixed an issue where one player per session was unable to stay scoped with the Magnum.
- Fixed an issue where clients playing multi-round matches were not propelled by Man Cannons after the first round on Wreckage.
- Fixed an issue for players who had licensed content for the specialization offer, and had the free Map Pack content, but did not have the Map Pass or Map Pack license by displaying a new error message: “You have Map Pack content that requires a license. Please purchase the War Games Map Pass, purchase the Map Pack individually, or delete the Map Pack content from your console.”
- Fixed issues with friendly fire against vehicles. If FF is disabled, damage/EMPs from friendly sources will no longer damage vehicles that are fully controlled by your team.
- Fixed an issue with where the Wraith secondary turret became disabled when shot with a Plasma Pistol. The feature has been updated to be consistent with previous Halo titles.
- Fixed a Mantis functionality exploit that allowed pilots to survive planted grenades.
- Specific Game Modes
- Friendly fire turned off in Flood to prevent exploits.
- Fixed Flood character models to allow for Warthog and Mongoose use.
- Fixed an inconsistency with King of the Hill deathcam.
- Fixed an issue where the Grifball would get stuck in geometry and never respawn.
- Fixed the issue for Extraction where players did not regain full control of their character for extended periods of time after interacting with a site.
- Fixed multiple Extraction scoring issues, including an overtime fix that ensures that a victory will not be awarded to a team who is controlling the go-ahead extraction point when the game ends.
- Custom Games
- Fixed an issue that did not allow players to create respawn timers or disable instant respawn in custom games.
- Fixed an issue on Shatter where players couldn’t start a custom Dominion game.
- Fixed an issue where the Ordnance game options reset when scrolling up or down in custom games.
- Fixed an issue where custom game descriptions did not appear in the “Settings” preview screen.
- Fixed inconsistencies and bugs in the final death cam for custom games.
- Spartan Ops
- Fixed an issue where the “Dedicated to Crimson” Achievement could not be unlocked.
- Fixed an issue where players in Spartan Ops Episode 6 Mission 1 were able to look around before the vignette.
- Fixed a selection of issues where theater clips were missing map-specific audio, including ambient noise and announcer voice.
- Fixed File Share preview images for films and map variants.
- Fixed issues with in-game translations.
- Fixed title screen camera clipping.
- Fixed an issue with Forge pieces and the shadows they create.
- Fixed aliasing split screen HUD issues.
- Fixed an issue where some saved films of Forge games featured no Forge lighting.
- Fixed incorrect “change description” text in File Browser.
- Fixed assorted crashes.
Title Update v1.04
Title update v1.04 was released on March 28, 2013. It addressed several game-play and networking issues.
List of Changes
- Enabled “X-Markers” on the HUD to designate when and where teammates are killed.
- Updated Active Camo to fully reveal players when they fire all weapons.
- Reduced the auto aim, magnetism, and damage on the Gauss Warthog.
- Fixed an issue where some players at SR-130 did not see their specialization on their in-game playercard.
- Fixed various issues with ordnance nav markers.
- Fixed various join-in-progress issues with Flood.
- Added the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning.
Title Update v1.04.01
Title update v1.04.01 was released on May 10, 2013.
List of Changes
- Teammate's Death "X" has been updated from a smaller white X, to a larger red X.
- Teammate's Death "X" display time has been increased to 3–5 seconds, depending on gamemode.
- Teammate's Death "X" no longer follows the teammates dead body, and stays in place consistent with past Halo titles.
Weapon Tuning Update
The Weapon Tuning Update was not a Title Update that required players to download a new software update for Halo 4. Thanks to the changes introduced in Title Update v1.04, 343 Industries were able to implement a number of balance changes within Halo 4 without requiring a full patch. However, these changes did change much of the Halo 4 sandbox, and are thus recorded below. The Weapon Tuning Update was released on June 3, 2013. Because its changes take place at the gametype level, rather than affecting the core game code, these changes are not reflected in campaign and Spartan Ops.
List of Changes
- Main article: BR85 battle rifle
- The Battle Rifle damage has been increased by 28%. The Battle Rifle is now capable of killing in 11 bullets (four bursts instead of five).
- The Battle Rifle rate-of-fire has been decreased by 16%.
- The Battle Rifle red reticle range (range at which auto-aim benefits kick in) has been decreased.
- Two bursts from a Battle Rifle followed by a melee will now kill an opponent (2-shot melee).
- Main article: Type-51 carbine
- The Carbine damage has been increased by 40%. The Carbine is now capable of killing in seven rounds.
- The Carbine accuracy has been increased (projectile spread decrease).
- The Carbine red reticle range has been decreased.
- Main article: Z-250 lightrifle
- The LightRifle zoomed rate-of-fire has been increased by 2%.
- The LightRifle un-zoomed rate-of-fire has been decreased by 16%.
- The LightRifle red reticle range has been increased to match the updated DMR range.
- Main article: M395 DMR
- The DMR red reticle range has been slightly decreased.
- Main article: MA5D assault rifle
- The Assault Rifle damage has been increased by 20%. The Assault Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
- The Assault Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
- The Assault Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.
- Main article: Type-55 storm rifle
- The Storm Rifle damage has been increased by 20%. The Storm Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
- The Storm Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
- The Storm Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.
- Main article: Z-130 Suppressor
- The Suppressor damage has been increased by 20%. The Suppressor now kills in three less rounds.
- The Suppressor auto-aim angle has been reduced.
- The Suppressor projectile spread has been decreased.
- Main article: M739 SAW
- The SAW's damage has been increased to maintain double the damage-per-second of the Assault Rifle.
- Main article: M6H magnum
- The damage has been increased by 15%, but still kills in six rounds.
- The damage has been increased on the Warthog Chain Gun by 35%.
- The damage has been increased on the Mantis Chain Gun by 33%.
- Base player movement speed has been increased from 100% to 110% across all playlists and modes.
Title Update 8/19/2013
This title update was released on August 19, 2013. It supported the upcoming Champions Bundle DLC. It only affected Matchmaking, and not Campaign or Spartan Ops.
List of Changes
- New Support Upgrade available to all players: Recharge
- Recharge decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge.
- New Support Upgrade available to all players: Survivor
- Survivor ejects you out of a vehicle if it’s about to explode.
- Enabled the ability to download, play and equip all of the premium content included in the Halo 4 Champions Bundle, including:
- Bullseye Pack
- Infinity Armor Pack
- New Armors: Mark V, ODST and Prefect
- Steel Skin Pack
- 10 New Weapon Skins
- Bonus Content (included with bundle only)
- 8 New Spartan Stances
- 5 New Weapon Skins
- 5 New Armor Skins
- New Tactical Package: Resistor - Resistor allows players to retain full mobility despite taking fire for a few moments.
Title Update 11/11/2013
This title update was released on November 11, 2013.
List of Changes
- Fixed issue where player Loadouts reset to default.
- Fixed issue where players in Forge would be unable to see other players while in Monitor mode.
- Fixed issue where Mark V, Prefect, and Ricochet forearm armor displays incorrectly.
- Fixed issues with Champions Bundle armor sometimes disappearing in War Games matches and appearing incorrectly when viewing film clips in Theater.
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 TU Change List 12.6.12: (defunct, Archived) (Retrieved on Oct 10, 2014) [archive]
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 TU Change List 2.21.13: (defunct, Archived) (Retrieved on Oct 10, 2014) [archive]
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 TU Change List 3.28.13: (defunct, Archived) (Retrieved on Oct 10, 2014) [archive]
- ^ Halo Waypoint, The Halo Bulletin 5.29.13: (defunct, Archived) (Retrieved on Oct 10, 2014) [archive]
- ^ The Halo Press, Thoughts on Halo 4: Weapon Tuning (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 TU Change List 8.19.13: (defunct, Archived) (Retrieved on Oct 10, 2014) [archive]
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 TU Change List 11.11.2013: (defunct, Archived) (Retrieved on Oct 10, 2014) [archive]