From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
(Redirected from 150,000 BCE)
The distant past is a period before the 1st millenium.
Billions of years ago
Hundred billion years ago
- In 97,445 BCE; Forthencho, acting as a messenger for the Gravemind, stated that the Domain had around hundred billion years of "life-patterns and living wisdom".
- The great Glow occurs in the galaxy.
Millions of years ago
Over half a billion years ago
- In 97,445 BCE, during a debate with Mendicant Bias, the Precursors were hinted by the Gravemind to have accumulating a vast reserve of rules based on experiences and disputes.
Around 15 million years BCE
- The Precursors seeded the species that would come to be known as Forerunners on the planet Ghibalb.
Around 10.1 million years ago
- The Forerunner Warriors were considered the highest rate.
- Star roads were placed around Charum Hakkor.
- The Precursors choose early humans to be the next species to carry the Mantle. Desiring to seize the Mantle for themselves, the early Forerunners rebel against the Precursors and wipe them out almost entirely.
- After the Forerunners hunt down all of the Precursors in the Milky Way galaxy. The remains of the Precursors retreat into the Large Magellanic Cloud; the Forerunners' Warrior fleets pursue them via probability mirror-reconciled slipspace portals and proceed to finish their work.
- A number of Forerunners who conscientiously object to the complete destruction of the Precursors in the Large Magellanic Cloud are exiled on a barren planet within the Tarantula Nebula; these Forerunners later remain as the only surviving population of the expedition.
- In the face of extinction, most of the Precursors reduce themselves to inert powder, intending to regenerate their forms later. However, one intact specimen remained in deep stasis and is buried within a remote asteroid a million years afterward.
- In the Large Magellanic Cloud; two Precursors escaped the genocide, where some Forerunners hide them; but they die and become flowers containing their genetic code.
- Following the battle in the Large Magellanic Cloud, the remaining Forerunners on the ships sacrificed themselves than return with what they did; leaving the abandoned Forerunner ships in the Large Magellanic Cloud to slowly decay.
Around 9.1 million years ago
- In the Large Magellanic Cloud; two Precursor seeds germinate.
- The Primordial, a dormant Precursor, is said to have arrived on the edges of the galaxy.
Around 1.1 million years ago
- The Forerunner Theoretical known as Boundless begins to study a particular star within the Path Kethona galaxy. When she continues her work in defiance of Warrior orders to the contrary, she is eventually prosecuted, her studies are suppressed, and she is forced to enter a Cryptum.
- A thousand years later, Boundless' Cryptum is opened and it is discovered that she has died inside due to a malfunction in the Cryptum, supposedly resulting from sabotage. Her former students discreetly dispose of her body. After Boundless' death, the entire Theoretical rate is absorbed into the Builders.
Around 1 million years ago
- In the Large Magellanic Cloud; two Precursor seeds bloom.
Hundreds of thousands of years ago
Around 600,000 years ago
- A Forerunner civil war takes place, where Jat-Krula was used as a strategy, where it was bypassed by a Legion of Warrior commanders.
Around 150,000 years ago
- The Forerunners are claimed by some records to have risen as the preeminent species in the Milky Way Galaxy by advancing technological discoveries gathered from the remnants left by prior ancient races. Believing themselves responsible for the lives of all those less advanced then they, the Forerunners initiate the Mantle.[Note 1]
- According to Forerunner research, the Ancestors, were believed to have "moved their interstellar civilization outward along the galactic arm" around this time, possibly to escape Forerunner control.
122,000 years ago
112,000 years ago
111,000 years ago
110,000 years ago
108,000 years ago
107,000 years ago
106,000 years ago
101,000 years ago
100,000 years ago
98,000 years ago
97,000 years ago
- 97,764 BCE
- 97,745 BCE
- 97,645 BCE
- 97,495 BCE
- 97,464 BCE
- 97,445 BCE (Halo Array fired)
- 97,421 BCE
- 97,368 BCE
57,000 years ago
40,000 years ago
29,000 years ago
3rd millennium BCE
22nd century BCE
21st century BCE
2nd millennium BCE
11th century BCE
1st millennium BCE
10th century BCE
9th century BCE
8th century BCE
7th century BCE
5th century BCE
- ^ This entry, originating from both the 2009 and 2011 editions of the Halo Encyclopedia, is of dubious accuracy in light of information from The Forerunner Saga, in which the Forerunners are stated to have been spacefaring for millions of years (albeit having experienced a number of technological dark ages and large-scale record loss events over the course of this period) and that they held the Mantle since for around 10 million years, having forcibly seized it from the Precursors. However, the Encyclopedia notes that "all Forerunner era dates are approximate, based on available translation and scattered historical data", which provides a canonical explanation for the possible inaccuracies of this entry.
- ^ Halo: Silentium, String 37
- ^ a b c Halo: Silentium, String 4
- ^ Halo: Silentium, String 24
- ^ Halo Waypoint - Universe, Species, Forerunner (Retrieved on Nov 12, 2020) [local archive] [external archive]
- ^ Halo: Silentium, String 1
- ^ Halo: Silentium, String 3
- ^ a b c Halo: Silentium, String 13
- ^ a b c d e Halo: Silentium, String 15
- ^ a b Halo: Silentium, String 10
- ^ a b c Halo: Point of Light, chapter 44
- ^ Halo: Silentium, String 7
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition) - Chapter One: Timeline, The Foreunners and the Halo Array, page 26
- ^ Halo: Cryptum, chapter 1