From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The year 784 BCE is a year in the 780s BCE in the 8th century BCE.
- During one of the first Ages of Conversion, Covenant forces make first contact with the Lekgolo on Rentus, a moon of the planet Te. The Covenant declares war on the species and the Taming of the Lekgolo begins upon discovering that the Lekgolo have devoured a majority of the Rings of Te—the gas giant's artificial planetary rings built by the Forerunners. During the conflict, the Covenant discovered that many of the Lekgolo worm colonies have literally devoured Forerunner artifacts and installations, while others eat everything except Forerunner installations. The Lekgolo initially prove difficult to defeat because of their ability to combine into the powerful Mgalekgolo, however due in part to their superior spaceship technology the Covenant are able to ally with and tame the useful Lekgolo, and exterminate the relic-destroying colonies in what will come to be known as the Taming of the Hunters. The compliant Lekgolo are incorporated into the Writ of Union.
- Halo Waypoint, Forums - Catalog Interaction - Page 39 (Retrieved on Apr 12, 2016) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint - Universe, Species, Lekgolo/Mgalekgolo (Retrieved on Nov 11, 2020) [local archive] [external archive]
- Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), page 114
- Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe, page 30