Smith was a part of a 3D artist team that worked on the Halo games, which focused on dividing the races up so that each would have its own unique architectural style. Marcus R. Lehto headed up the design of the humans, Shi Kai Wang took the Covenant, and Eddie Smith had the Forerunners.
He has also done concept and illustration work for 343 Industries as a freelance artist, including concept art for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and illustrating the cover for the novel Halo: Glasslands.
- Carmen Sandiego Word Detective (1997) - Brøderbund Software
- MechWarrior 4: Vengeance (2000) - Microsoft Game Studios
- The Mark of Kri (2002) - Sony Computer Entertainment America
- Halo 2 (2004) - Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo 2: Multiplayer Map Pack (2005) - Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo 3 (2007) - Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (2011) - 343 Industries 
- Chronicles of Elyria - Concept Artist to 3D Artist 2015
- He was one of the Bungie artists who worked on the Halo Graphic Novel.
- Eddie designed the Mylar print, which was sold as a limited signed edition, with only 500 copies.