From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- January 5-8: Details of Halo are shown at the San Francisco Macworld Expo.
- April: Halo was reatured on the cover of GameStar, a German gaming magazine.
- May 11-13: Bungie was at E3 2000 in Booth #2900 to show off its two upcoming games ONI and Halo. The Halo E3 2000 Trailer for Halo: Combat Evolved was shown at the event also.
- June 14: Halo won the E3 2000 Game Critics' Award for Best Action Game. Halo was also runner up for Best Game on PC, being beat by "Black & White".
- June 19: Microsoft acquired Bungie. Halo was then announced for the Xbox platform.