2004 (real world)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|This article is about the real world year. For the in-universe year, see 2004.|
2004 is the year Halo 2 was released.
- January: Microsoft conducts an internal Alpha test of Halo 2's multiplayer to test the performance of the network architecture over Xbox Live.
- April 27: Microsoft purchases the domain names "halo2.com" and "halo3.com". "halo3.com" was initially held under the name "Trout & Zimmer" until switching over to Microsoft Corporation after Halo 3's formal announcement.
- October: The Halo 2 Cinematic Trailer is released.
- October 15: halo2.com is relaunched with a Covenant theme by AKQA.
- November 9:
- November 11: Halo 2 is released in Europe.