1997 (real world)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|This article is about the real world year. For the in-universe year, see 1997.|
1997 is the year Halo started development.
Prior to September 24
- Halo started development under the initial codename "Armor".
- The trademark for Halo's first codename "Armor" was filed.
After September 24
- Bungie worried that "Armor" was boring and changed Halo's codename to "Monkey Nuts", knowing it had to be changed later.
- ^ Bungie Reach Developer Blog, 28 Feb 2010 (Retrieved on Oct 16, 2010) [archive]
- ^ a b forums.bungie.org, Re: Armor (Retrieved on Nov 18, 2021) [archive]
- ^ inventively.com, Armor trademark (Retrieved on Oct 20, 2019) [archive]
- ^ The Art of Halo - Introduction: Halo's Architects, page 6