From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- July 20: Captain Alexander, the last civilian captain of UNSC Spirit of Fire, retires from active duty at the conclusion of the Verent mission. The ship is requisitioned by the UNSC and scheduled for refit.
- September 1: Spirit of Fire completes an extensive refit at the Reach orbital shipyards before entering active military duty as a ground support vessel, initially detailed with providing ground support for Operation: TREBUCHET.
- September 27: The SPARTAN-II program suffers its first casualty, when Carris-137 accidentally kills a handler during training.
- A major uprising occurs in the population centers on Talitsa.
- The Daily Bulletin a human newspaper company began printing this year.