Verge was known to have needed extensive terraforming in the past, including artificial elevation of the crust by means of asteroid bombardment, resulting in concentrations of helium-3 being trapped in the mantle.
Team Black's mission
- Main article: Raid on Verge
Late in the Human-Covenant War, Verge was conquered by the Covenant. The city of Ciudad de Arias was one of the hardest hit when the Covenant attacked the planet. The Covenant would set up a Beacon there to extract helium-3 from the planet's mantle for conversion into pure energy, which was transmitted to orbiting Covenant satellites and then transmitted wirelessly to ships blockading Tribute in the Epsilon Eridani system. The Beacon was destroyed by Team Black, also accidentally liberating a Yanme'e penal colony in the process.
List of appearances
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Blunt Instruments", page 194
- Halo.xbox.com: OFFICE OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE//SECTION 3 - DATA DROP THREE
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Blunt Instruments"
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Blunt Instruments", page 207