MVP is an achievement in Halo 3 and Halo 2: Anniversary. It is unlocked by being named the MVP in a matchmade team match. To be MVP the player must be the top player on the winning team. In Halo 3 the match must be in a ranked team-based playlist.
In the original game it is worth 5 gamerpoints and is represented by a blue-and-white circle with a Spartan running with a weapon. To his right is a red star and the letters "M-V-P". In Halo 2: Anniversary it is worth 10 gamerpoints and is represented by a screenshot from the game's epilogue.
"MVP" stands for Most Valuable Player.
- Usually you need to have the top score in the game type. e.g if it was Multi-Flag you need the most flag captures, in a slayer game, most kills. But remember it must be in a ranked playlist.
- One way to do this achievement is to do the playlist where there is just two teams of two against each other. With only one other person and one other team, you just have to beat the other team and do better than your other team mate.
Example: When a team mate quits along with a player on the other team quits as well in a two versus two, and you win against the other single player.
- Camp, you must do what ever it takes to win. Camp with a shotgun behind walls/shield doors. Keep a Battle Rifle or an Assault Rifle in case they are a bit too far away. Be careful to not get lured past your hiding spot. Although be prepared for players to complain.
- Go for the more powerful weapons. e.g. Rocket Launcher. These generally won't get what you need, but it's handy if you can pick up a few Double Kills or Triple Kills with them.
- Exploit vehicles. Use a vehicle (like the Type-32 Ghost) to your advantage. An example is on Snowbound, grab the Ghost and go on a Splatter Spree, getting as many kills as possible.
- The easiest way to get this award is to play an objective game (preferably a flag based game). Since a point are kept tracked by scoring with the objective and not kills, you can gain points, and sometimes win while everybody else fights around you. Another advantage of trying to gain this award in objective based games is the scoring. You don’t have to win, just get the majority of scored points.
- Use "Janitor" tactics, kill a low-shielded opponent, after a battle, to get an easy kill.