Magnum caliber pistol
13.7 inches (35 cm)
2.1 inches (5.3 cm)
10.2 inches (26 cm)
~250 RPM (M6H) ~150 RPM (M6H2)
250 meters (820 ft)
The M6H Personal Defense Weapon System (M6H PDWS) is a handgun in service with the UNSC. It is part of Misriah Armory's widespread M6 series. The M6H was infrequently in service as early as 2526 and was made the standard-issue sidearm of all UNSC personnel in 2555.
- 1 Specifications
- 2 Variant
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Videos
- 6 List of appearances
- 7 Sources
The M6H is a semi-automatic, recoil-operated, magazine-fed handgun. It is an up-sized model (17% larger than standard versions) with a smart-linked KFA-2 x2 scope and an electroless nickel finish. It fires the M6 series' standard 12.7×40mm ammunition. The M6H is effective at reasonably long distances as well as its preferred close-to-medium-range.
M6H2 Personal Defense Weapon
The M6H2 variant had entered service by at least 2557 and was issued to all branches of the UNSC. It has a serial number of "00MA0100062473" and sports a black polymer finish. Like the base M6H, the M6H2 is semi-automatic, recoil-operated and magazine-fed, but has an increased 12-round magazine capacity. The variant also boasts increased accuracy and is most effective with precision aiming. It features a smoother slide design and a Projection sight (in place of the venerable KFA-2 x2) to support smart scope functionality. In 2557, this weapon had a Ruptive skin approved by the UNSC Ordnance Commission.
- Whispered Truth: A cut-down M6H2 magnum without a smart scope system, under-barrel flashlight, or forward trigger guard. It also has a custom slide and can mount a suppressor. This variant sports a 18-round magazine. Unlike other pistols Whispered Truth fires in three-round bursts. The slide reads "Semper Vigilans" (Always Vigilant), the motto of the Office of Naval Intelligence.
- Gunfighter Magnum: Lightweight competition pistol carried by Spartan operators who prefer a no-frills backup firearm. Quick draw Magnum with fast-reload magazines. Iron sights only, no Smart-Link module is attached.
- Tactical Magnum: Whisper-quiet tactical pistol loaded with armor-piercing rounds, tailored for Spartan force reconnaissance missions. Match grade Magnum with integral baffle-free suppressor and 2× full-VISR Smart-Link.
- Buck's Magnum: A Magnum with the Gunfighter body, Whispered Truth finish, and a front iron sight that is seen on the Projection Sight, appearing to have been attached separately.
- Extended Magazine: Increases both ready and reserve ammunition capacity by 50%.
Changes from the M6G PDWS in Halo: Reach
- Less damage, requires 6 shots to kill rather than 5.
- Higher accuracy with less bloom.
Changes from M6H in Halo 4 to M6H2 in Halo 5: Guardians
- Increased damage, requiring 4 shots to deplete shields followed by 1 headshot or 3 body shots.
- Drastically lowered rate of fire.
- Less bloom/greater accuracy.
- Increased magazine size to 12.
- More reserve ammunition.
- Can be smart scoped rather than utilizing smart-linked scope zoom.
- Zoom decreased from 2× to 1.75× due to use of projection sight for smart scope.
- Faster swap and pickup speeds.
- The Spartan now wields the handgun with a more realistic "thumbs forward" combat grip, as opposed to the classic "teacup" grip seen in Halo 2 through Halo 4.
Halo: Spartan Assault and Halo: Spartan Strike
- Weapon carries a maximum of 40 rounds.
- Has a limited range of fire.
- Can kill Promethean Crawlers and Grunt Minors in a single shot.
Concept art of the M6H. Note that it closely resembles the M6G from Halo: Reach.
A Spartan-IV wielding an M6H.
The M6H being wielded in a Capture the Flag game on Exile.
A Spartan chambering a round in her M6H on Complex.
Smart scope with the M6H2 by Fred-104 in the Halo 5: Guardians campaign.
Fred-104 in an idle stance while wielding his M6H2 on Genesis.
First-person view of the M6H2 on Fathom in Halo 5: Guardians.
The M6H in Halo Online.
First-person view of the M6H on Riverworld.
An early version of an "R" type M6H in Halo Online.
Halo 4 skins
Halo 5: Guardians variants
Halo 5: Guardians skins
Halo Online variants
|See our gameplay information related to M6H magnum in its gameplay page|
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn (First appearance)
- Halo 4
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo: Nightfall
- Hunt the Truth
- Halo: Spartan Strike
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo: Tales from Slipspace
- Halo: Recruit (Non-canonical appearance)
- Halo: Bad Blood
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual
- Halo: Oblivion
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 64
- Halo 4 Interactive Guide
- Halo Waypoint: Magnum
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Waypoint - Cannon Fodder: Locke & Load
- Halo: Nightfall, Quartermaster
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- 343 Sparkast 014
- Halo 4 Official Site Ordnance + Armor
- Bungie.net - Halo 3: ODST Field Guide: M6C/SOCOM
- Halo 5: Guardians - Ruptive skin description