From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Longbow Station is a human research station located in the northern polar regions of the human colony world Concord, on the shores of the Bristol Sea. The station's primary feature is a twin set of large mass drivers, used for a variety of industrial and military purposes by the Unified Earth Government (UEG) and United Nations Space Command (UNSC).
In 2509, the UEG commissioned the launch of numerous deep space monitoring relays to study star systems far from the human colonial sphere. Longbow Station was pivotal in this endeavour, and used its twin mass drivers to launch many of these relays. The gravitational and frigid tundra conditions of the region were pivotal for the installation of the mass driver facilities, and helped boost their effectiveness.
With the outbreak of war in 2525 and the ensuing campaign in the Outer Colonies, Longbow Station was changed to adapt to the new wartime environment. Rather than launching star surveys for peaceful purposes as in previous years, Longbow Station was adapted to house key military sensors that were used to track the movement of the Covenant fleet as they slowly destroyed world after world in the outermost regions of space.
During the 2551 defense of Concord against the alien hegemony, several of the planet's mass drivers - presumably including Longbow Station and its sister-station Recurve - were used as improvised anti-orbital artillery against the Covenant starships involved in the invasion. The actions of these mass drivers were sufficient enough in disabling the fleet to allow for a small battle group of UNSC Navy warships to finish off the fleet, stranding the Covenant ground forces on the planet. As of December 6, 2551, Longbow Station was reported as active on the United Nations Space Command's TACMAP.
Longbow Station is the setting of the Halo 4 multiplayer map, Longbow.
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo Infinite
- Season 02: Lone Wolves (Mentioned only)
- Winter Contention (Indirect mention)
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 209
- Halo 4 Official Site, Maps + Missions: "The frigid climate and unique gravitational conditions of Concord's northern polar region provide an optimal perch for Longbow Station's channel-based mass drivers. Before the Covenant War, the UEG launched deep space monitoring relays from here in an effort to study far-flung star systems." (Retrieved on Jun 13, 2012) [local archive] [external archive]
- Halo 4 Interactive Guide: Longbow
- Winter Contention
- Halo Waypoint, Halo Infinite - Lone Wolves Intel (Retrieved on Nov 3, 2022) [local archive] [external archive]