Halopedia:Requests for Adminship/Morhek
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
I, Spartacus, nominate Morhek for adminship at Halopedia.
Nominee, please accept or defer the above nomination below this line.
I humbly accept the nomination for Administratorship, and promise to use my impending powers only for good (at least until the WEATHER DOMINATOR comes online). -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 19:32, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
Reason for Nomination
With only a handful of admins active at the moment and a great amount of new Halo content coming in the next year and a half, myself and the other admins have decided that additional admins are needed for Halopedia. This serves as a reconfirmation for Morhek (formerly Specops306). He proved to be deserving of adminship and was granted sysop status back in 2008. After resigning a few years back, he has returned to activity here and has once again proven that he is deserving of sysop status.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 13:48, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
Support (12/5) sysop
- Support--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 13:48, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support--Sith-venator Wavingstrider (Commlink) 18:16, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support – Absolutely. —TentacleTornado 20:31, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - NightHammer (talk) 20:32, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support – Lord Susto 22:09, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support – This guy is absolutely wonderful. (Though I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for URF.) --Dragonclaws(talk) 00:05, 20 June 2014 (EDT)
- Comment Huh. I was sure that I was the one who mistook it for an actual name and not a descriptor. I may be confusing the two. I do know that I was responsible for the UEG snafu. -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 03:06, 20 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - What, you mean he's not an admin already? ;) --Our vengeance is at hand. (Talk to me.) 13:30, 20 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support-- Rusty-112 Admin comm 02:20, 21 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - Definitely. --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 08:40, 21 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - --Killamin7 [Comm|Files] 09:21, 21 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - Yup. Col. Snipes450 13:35, 25 June 2014 (EDT)
- Support - No argument from me. --Xamikaze330 [Transmission|Commencing] 09:36, 29 June 2014 (EDT)Xamikaze330
Against (0/0) Sysop
Regarding the forum layout, we could consider a variety of extensions to improve user's forum experience. Also, just wondering, what's wrong with the current forums? Personally, I don't have any issues with it. :/ — subtank 07:21, 22 June 2014 (EDT)
- The forums could always be improved upon, but at the moment, I think they are fine.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 23:02, 24 June 2014 (EDT)
- Personally, they just feel like glorified talk pages. The implementation of user profiles a while ago was an attempt to make Halopedia more social and interactive, and we could tie that into a forum system for a more engaging experience without the need for silly minigames. In fact, I'm surprised we never did. I also think that a more conventional format would be more intuitive for newer members to engage with - the traditional forum format is pretty established, and some people have trouble with wikicode. -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 00:04, 25 June 2014 (EDT)
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
1. When did you join Halopedia? March 9th, 2007. I've been here 7 years.
2. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halopedia? As far as I know, I'm probably the accidental origin for the canonical acceptance of the UEG and URF, since I mistook those for canon terms, which were then adopted by the Halo Encyclopedia. I have also engaged with authors of Halo over information that needs clarification.
3. What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halopedia? Probably my hand in recognising the need for a revision of our canonicity policy, which was badly out of date after the IP handoff from Bungie to 343i. I wasn't the only person advocating it, but I was one of the vocal proponents for it.
4. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community? Engagement and mediation with users, especially on talk pages and forum threads.
5. If you are administrated, what changes do you propose? The forums are a bit of a mess at the moment, with little activity. I wouldn't mind using something like the layout used by the MSPA forums. At the moment, I don't think there's enough site activity to justify it, but if we get a big enough surge then something would need to be done.
6. To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail? Admins are the stewards of the site and the community that has arisen around it, protecting it from vandals and trolls, encouraging quality edits and editors, and increasing engagement between members.
7. To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halopedia after you are administrated, in the event that you are? Regularly, on both home and campus computers.
8. What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise? I am an intense Whovian, and have been involved in the Homestuck community.
9. What is your familiarity with the Halo universe? Considerable. I am intimately familiar with both the game stories and the majority of the expanded universe.
10. What is your familiarity with Halopedia policies? I am familiar with the majority, and was one of the people who advocated revising our canonicity policy.
11. What is your relationship with the Halopedia community and current administration? Fairly good, as a Patroller. I have most Admin abilities now, except for the ability to ban users, and am still in the admin email group and have tried to keep up, though I felt it inappropriate to comment on most matters without actual admin status.
12. How may users contact you? My email is email@example.com, and I have a skype account named Morhek.