Enough Dead Heroes
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Enough Dead Heroes|
Enough Dead Heroes is the fourth track in Halo: Original Soundtrack.
The track opens with low brass playing a slow and somber melody. Low strings and percussion cut in with a heavy and dire melody, accompanied by high strings. High strings then take over with a serene rendition of the Halo Theme Gregorian chant. Low strings return with a reprise of the initial melody, accompanied by vocals, then joined by high strings, and together they enter the higher register as an ending.
The soundtrack can be heard:
- In the bridge cutscene of the level The Pillar of Autumn as well as the final section before the ending cutscene.
- During the level The Truth and Reconciliation when John-117 encounters Mgalekgolo under the Covenant battlecruiser, and again when he encounters another pair on the bottom floor of the hangar bay.
- During the bridge cutscene of the level The Maw.
The track was arranged into the following:
- The initial melody was incorporated into the opening of Honorable Intentions in Halo 3: Original Soundtrack.
- The second melody was arranged into Brutes in Halo 3: Original Soundtrack.
- The high string rendition of the Halo Theme was reorchestrated in the opening of No More Dead Heroes in Halo 3: Original Soundtrack.
- A full reorchestration in An End of Dying, which was briefly incorporated into Unreliable Exploration, in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Original Soundtrack.
The name is likely based on Cortana's quote during the bridge scene on the Autumn, "With all due respect Captain, this war has enough dead heroes."