Echo India Bravo Zero Eight
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Echo India Bravo Zero Eight|
Echo India Bravo Zero Eight (EIB-08) was an SKT-29 Bumblebee formerly attached to the UNSC Infinity and the companion lifeboat to Papa Tango Delta Zero Nine.
Battle for Zeta Halo
- Main article: Battle for Zeta Halo
On 12 December, 2559, the UNSC Infinity was ambushed by Banished forces upon arrival at Installation 07. As the Infinity fell to the Banished assault, Captain Thomas Lasky was evacuated from the ship, and UNSC forces were ordered to evacuate from the ship. Echo India Bravo Zero Eight was boarded by SPARTAN-IV Bonita Stone and five UNSC personnel. Stone and her Personal AI Ouco piloted the Bumblebee through the raging battle while also attempting to guide Papa Tango Delta Zero Nine. Both lifeboats managed to fly through a destroyed Banished dreadnought, though only Echo India Bravo Zero Eight came out unscathed. The lifeboat crash-landed on the surface of the ring, near UNSC Mortal Reverie's crash site which would become Outpost Tremonius.
The next day, as Stone and the marines conducted a recon sweep of the area, an explosion on the ring fractured its surface. Stone ordered the marines to take cover in the lifeboat, but the ground beneath the lifeboat began to crumble. Using her armor's thrusters, Stone pulled the lifeboat out of the breach, saving the lives of the marines. The lifeboat's survivors then moved to regroup with the rest of their squad, while Spartan Stone tracked the distress call from Papa Tango Delta Zero Nine to rescue its survivors.
Echo India Bravo Zero Eight would survive in its resting place for the next six months, even after the UNSC Mortal Reverie crashed nearby.
List of appearances
- Halo Infinite (First appearance)
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol
- ^ a b c d e f g Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 1
- ^ a b Halo Infinite, Open world
- ^ a b Twitter, @haruspis: "Shoutout to @HaloGuyYoutube, who found Spartan Stone's escape pod on Zeta Halo based on the description given in the Rubicon Protocol's opening chapter preview! We worked super hard to ensure the geographical/positioning details lined up with the game."
- ^ a b Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Ringfall #08 - Breach Maneuver
- ^ Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Reverie #02 - Debrief
- ^ Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 5