UNSC Transmission 116749-09
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
United Nations Space Command Transmission 116749-09 was a restricted communiqué sent from Vice Admiral Preston J. Cole to Admiral Dale Kilkin on March 9, 2543. It contained several requests in preparation for the impending Battle of Psi Serpentis.
UNSC Transmission 116749-09 was later included within the intelligence report Historical/Psychological Analysis of Cole, Preston J., sent by Codename: SURGEON to Codename: USUAL SUSPECTS in 2552. SURGEON maintained that while seemingly innocuous, many of Cole's requests in the transmission support the contention that Cole planned to faked his own death at Psi Serpentis. For instance, the requisitioned Archer missiles and cruiser UNSC Io were likely intended to provide a smoke screen and decoy, allowing Cole to perform an in-atmosphere Slipspace jump. Similarly, the FTL manifold calculations that Cole requested might have enabled such a feat. In particular, SURGEON believed that Cole's personnel transfer request was meant to ensure he had a loyal crew to help facilitate his desertion.
Restricted communiqué from Vice Admiral Preston Cole to REACH LOGISICS \ March 9, 2543 (Military Calendar)
- United Nations Space Command Transmission 116749-09
- Encryption Code: Red
- Public Key: file/vegas-anaconda-mockingbird-zero/
- From: Vice Admiral Preston Cole, Commanding Officer UNSC Everest / (UNSC Service Number: 00814-13094-BQ)
- To: Admiral Dale Kilkin, UNSC CENTRAL COMMAND, REACH LOGISTICS OFFICE / (UNSC Service Number: 007981-63882-GE)
- Subject: requisitions, transfers, and favors
- Classification: RESTRICTED (BGE Directive)
- Recent prowler reports indicate a Covenant armada massing in Sector Three. I need my ships repaired, refitted, and battle-ready ASAP. Code these orders CRIMSON, and pull in favors people owe me to make it happen. You know what I mean.
- Requisition: 600 tungsten-layered titanium-A armor plates (radiation-absorption rating: 5), replacement and upgrades for degraded armor plates on Everest, et al.
- Requisition: Additional "smart" nav AI. Sealed and un-booted. Back-up for Everest. Current AI operating at 68% capacity.
- Order: Pull the Io out of space dock and tow her to my position. Too far gone to repair, but Captain Wren has an idea to use her as a fire ship.
- Requisition: Ordnance: 105 Shiva-class nuclear missile (VE-3 type), 2400 Archer missiles, 45,000 blocks Helix System ammunition (see additional nonordnance supplies in Attachment A).
- Requisition: Detailed stellar survey of Section Three, sub-volume D-6. Emphasis on systems with proto-brown dwarf gas giants.
- Transfers: I can’t lead my fleet into battle when half my officers are on the verge of collapse from fatigue. List of crew transfers in Attachment B. List of requested crew replacements in Attachment C.
- Favor: I have a theoretical Shaw-Fujikawa manifold calculation that needs crunching through the ONI AI network on Reach. They’re the only ones in the Outer Colonies with the raw power to get the job done.
- Wish me luck.
- UNSC Everest
- Preston J. Cole
List of appearances
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole (First appearance)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, pages 474-476 (2009 edition)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, pages 326-328 (2010 edition, Vol. I)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, pages 326, 337-339 (2010 edition, Vol. I)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, page 339 (2010 edition, Vol. I)