UNSC Emergency Priority Order 098831A-1 (transmission)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
United Nations Space Command Emergency Priority Order 098831A-1 was a United Nations Space Command transmission that contained General Order 098831A-1, more commonly referred to as the Cole Protocol. It was broadcast sometime during or before 2535 by H. T. Ward. Shortly after its issuance, all shipboard Navy commanding officers were required to read it. By 2552, Ensign William Lovell was required to read the transmission every day by the letter.
- United Nations Space Command Emergency Priority Order 098831A-1
- Encryption Code: Red
- Public Key: file /first light/
- From: UNSC/NAVCOM Fleet H. T. Ward
- To: ALL UNSC PERSONNEL
- Subject: General Order 098831A-1 (“The Cole Protocol”)
- Classification: RESTRICTED (BGX Directive)
- The Cole Protocol
- To safeguard the Inner Colonies and Earth, all UNSC vessels or stations must not be captured with intact navigation databases that may lead Covenant forces to human civilian population centers.
- If any Covenant forces are detected:
- 1. Activate selective purge of databases on all ship-based and planetary data networks.
- 2. Initiate triple-screen check to ensure all data has been erased and all backups neutralized.
- 3. Execute viral data scavengers. (Download from UNSCTTP://EPWW:COLEPROTOCOL/Virtualscav/fbr.091)
- 4. If retreating from Covenant forces, all ships must enter Slipstream space with randomized vectors NOT directed toward Earth, the Inner Colonies, or any other human population center.
- 5. In case of imminent capture by Covenant forces, all UNSC ships MUST self-destruct.
- Violation of this directive will be considered an act of TREASON, and pursuant to USNC Military Law Articles JAG 845-P and JAG 7556-L, such violations are punishable by life imprisonment or execution.
- /end file/
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: The Cole Protocol
- ^ a b Halo: The Fall of Reach, chapter 15
- ^ a b Halo: The Cole Protocol, chapter 2