From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Polypseudomorphine, colloquially known as polly-sue, is a sedative used by the United Nations Space Command.
When injected, polypseudomorphine can be used to keep an adult human sedated for the better part of a day. A small injection of the drug can also be used to ease one's pain. When applied, stimulants can be used to help counter the sedative effects of the drug. Polypseudomorphine can be lethal to a human, if overdosed, and is capable of stopping the user's heartbeat and respiration.
Polly-sue can also be used as an illicit recreational narcotic when combined with the anti-anxiety medication "Ace".
The Spartan-II Blue Team used polypseudomorphine to sedate Colonel Robert Watts so he could be brought back to the Office of Naval Intelligence for interrogation. Jonathan Doherty used the drug to ease the pain of the dying Gage Yevgenny. In 2526, Kelly-087 administered polypseudomorphine to the Castoffs.
In 2559, Veta Lopis used a lethal dose of the drug to perform a mercy kill on the injured UNSC pilot Myklonas, by artificially preventing her heartbeat and suppressing her respiration. This allowed the pilot a peaceful death, and prevented her from becoming an unfortunate victim of the Jiralhanae torture-game of tossers.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Smoke and Shadow (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Oblivion
- Halo: Divine Wind
- ^ a b Halo: Smoke and Shadow, chapter 12
- ^ a b c Halo: Divine Wind, chapter 1
- ^ a b Halo: The Fall of Reach, chapter 10
- ^ a b Halo: Evolutions - Dirt
- ^ a b Halo: Oblivion, chapter 13
- ^ Halo: Oblivion, chapter 14