I am here, requesting a bot flag, because I am running a currently unregistered bot on the Wiki, and would appreciate a bot flag so that I can run the bot without people yelling at me. Anyways, the things my bot(currently) does: a.)Checks for dead links on Halopedia(I upload the logs and post them on my profile.) b.)I run a spell checking script, which lets me manually edit spelling errors. Bllasae
- As this has been 4 months without an answer, I would like to present my request to the community.Bllasae 17:28, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
- Can I have an explanation of why, please?Bllasae 19:00, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
I am requesting a bot flag because my bot (patxBot) is now banned because of my lack of having this flag. My bot is not yet done but he dose run on the IRC on channel ##patx. But as soon as I find out how to make a family for the pywikipedia bot software *PATX looks hopefully towards Manticore*. And as soon as I have done this My bot will welcome new users. Now if you guys are probaly thinking "no way. that would take away the prpose of un-bot users welcoming new users. plus PATX is stupid can not even make his own family" well thats where you are wrong (apart from the stupid part) this file I will use takes breaks and allows others to welcome the new users. Hope you consider this. Oh and if you say no could you please say why? -- PATX
- We don't typically let banned users run around the place with bots. Epic nothx. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 14:32, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
Bungie.net Daily and Weekly Challenges Bot
I would like to propose a bot. Actually, I've already developed it because I had the time and it sounded like fun. So far I've been testing it on wikia:scratchpad.
Bungie.net posts new daily and weekly challenges every day (and week, respectively of course). So far I've been updating Halopedia's record of them (similar to List of Double EXP Weekend Playlists) manually. Please see Challenges and Challenges/2010-September.
The bot I've created uses the account User:31stCenturyBot. Please see wikia:scratchpad:Challenges, wikia:scratchpad:Challenges/2010-September, and wikia:scratchpad:User:31stCenturyBot/Log. (I accidentally, manually, made two edits to Halopedia while signed in on that account. Normally I wouldn't have any reason to be signed in under the bot account anyway, so it won't happen again. Sorry.)
It would only run once a day, manually initiated by me. It checks the page on Bungie.net and updates Challenges and Challenges/year-month accordingly. From the log on the Scratchpad wiki you can see I've been testing running it more than once per day, to make sure if someone else happened to update the page manually my bot doesn't make unnecessary edits. It's goal is always to find and alter the challenges table in whichever page. That way edits made by other users to other parts of the pages are unaffected by my bot.
This bot would allow for a neat, orderly, and complete record of Halo: Reach's challenges over the course of the game's life. I would like to continue updating this wiki manually while testing my bot on the Scratchpad wiki for at least the next couple of days. I can of course make any changes you'd like and furnish the source code if anyone would like to see it. Thank you very much for your time, please let me know what you think. --31stCenturyMatt 22:45, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I've continued updating the pages manually and testing my bot on the scratchpad wiki. There were a couple of kinks around the first of the month, though I'm pretty sure I've ironed them out. Any feedback anybody? Thank you. --31stCenturyMatt 03:12, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Seems like a nice little utility. I'll bring this to the attention of the others and get back to you soon. - Nìcmávr (Tálk) 09:32, 3 November 2010 (EDT)
- Support - Sounds like a good idea. I'm all for it. - Halo-343 (Talk) 11:52, 3 November 2010 (EDT)
- Support -
- Support - Great idea, it'll save a lot of time. Col. Snipes450 10:02, 4 November 2010 (EDT)
- Support - Definitely a good idea. --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 11:18, 4 November 2010 (EDT)
I would like to request to have Avatar's bot flagged so he can set it to work on redirect fixing, talk page archival, other general pywikipedia and AWB tasks that mine doesn't currently do. Case example includes fixing redirect links within an article to make a direct, rather than a redirecting, article link. - Nìcmávr (Tálk) 13:57, 9 May 2011 (EDT)
- Support - Nìcmávr (Tálk) 13:57, 9 May 2011 (EDT)
- Support - --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 14:10, 9 May 2011 (EDT)
Bot for image categorization
Because of the amount of work we do categorizing images and also to keep the recent changes from getting clogged with these edits, what if I registered a bot account to assist us? It would save us a lot of time and make the work a lot easier. In case you were wondering, the bot would run on AutoWikiBrowser, something which I have experience in using.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 11:12, 3 March 2017 (EST)
- Agreed. Would make things a lot easier. --NightHammer(talk)(contribs) 11:23, 3 March 2017 (EST)
CIABot for Halopedia Improvement Program
Because of the lots of edits I have to do for Halopedia regarding the Halopedia Improvement Program in step 1. I am hoping to get User:CIABot allowed as a Halopedia bot to assist me in the editing, as it would save me so much time. I am hoping to get it running on AutoWikiBrowser like the previous bot User:Spartabot. Once the task is done I will either decommission CIABot or leave it dormant till needed again.-CIA391 (talk) 13:30, 5 August 2017 (EDT)
- I got AutoWikiBrowser connected. All I really need now is the bot to be allowed to do stuff.-CIA391 (talk) 10:26, 6 August 2017 (EDT)
Request: Well, it looks I neglected to remove the rights to my bot. :P It still has bot and admin privileges so would someone mind removing those? Thanks.
Also, @CIA, go ahead and replace Spartabot with CIABot on this page, so that it shows up in highlighted colors on the recent changes.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 19:46, 19 August 2017 (EDT)
BaconShelf Bot Request
Posting to get permission for the creation of a Bot Account for use in categorising files into Halo 4 and 5 Concept Art categories, as these categories are currently nonexistent, and doing it all by hand will be a long process. I've previously run a bot account, using AutoWikiBroswer9000, known as SpyglassUnitAlpha for similar purposes over on the Titanfall Wiki, which I admin. The account is linked here in case any proof of know-how is needed/ preferred. BaconShelf (talk) 15:38, 13 August 2018 (EDT)
- Just reposting here to draw some attention to the request again, as there's currently no responses. BaconShelf (talk) 12:34, 16 August 2018 (EDT)
Superintendent Bot Request (Dab1001)
I'd like to request permission to run a bot on my bot account, Superintendent. I intend to use the bot for general mass editing purposes, such as when a page is moved and all links to it need to be renamed (for example, Installation 04B -> Installation 08), mass addition of templates to pages, automated spell checking, etcetera. I'm requesting it now because I believe having the capability to make many automated and semi-automated edits in a short period of time may come in useful for the merger.
From my time as an admin there, I have prior experience using AutoWikiBrowser to edit Halo Nation on my old bot account, Superintendent-class AI. All of the edits I made with this bot are listed here.
20:02, 8 February 2019 (EST)