Halo 3 Legendary Edition
The boxset is composed of two parts: the inner box (which is the actual box itself) has an image of an activated Portal, while the outer box (which is a simple cover) has a large 3 printed on it, with the words "Halo 3 Legendary Edition" below that. On the other side of this is a large picture of the Master Chief, which can be used as a poster.
The set includes:
- A scaled-down replica model of a MJOLNIR Mark VI helmet
- A plastic holder for the three discs
- The Halo 3 game disc
- An interactive Xbox 360 disc (included also in the Collector's Edition). The contents of the disc are the following:
- Includes a documentary of the "Making of Halo 3"
- Warthog Launch flash game
- Exclusive Halo 3 gamer avatars and dashboard theme
- Exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage and videos, a high-definition "Making of 'Halo 3'", a documentary showcasing the Bungie team and its effort to create the most anticipated title in the industry's history, numerous high-definition featurettes documenting the creative design processes involved in developing the game; and a look at some early game concepts and their evolution through the game's development.
- Audio/Video calibration tool and Bungie-guided network setup.
- A Legendary DVD
- This contains the cutscenes from Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 in chronological order with optional developer commentary featuring Joseph Staten, Marty O'Donnell, and Jason Jones. Also included on the disc is a guide to the 7 Steps to World Domination plan, included in a short history of Bungie, as well as a documentary chronicling Cortana voice actor Jen Taylor as she learns about the Bungie fan community. Also included was an episode of This Spartan Life which included footage made in Halo 3, and two episodes of Red vs Blue, "The Call" and a special edition of Red vs Blue Episode I. Included in the special edition of Red vs Blue Episode I was a short mockumentary about the time leading up to the creation of the series. Also on this disc is the expanded digital Bestiarum and also the surround sound test carried over from Halo 2.
An image of the Bestiarum feature.